Chempak Foliar Feed

• 5 Replies

mclarkuk1

Chempak Foliar Feed
« on: May 05, 2011, 20:31 »
Has anyone used this type of feed? I was looking for something to help with a magnesium deficiency on my tomatos and came across this.

It says you mix it with water and spray on the foliag to add nutrients directly to the foliage, flowers, fruits and a stem.

Apart from the fact it goes against the idea of getting the leaves wet and then scorched, will it work?

Cheers

Matt

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Chempak Foliar Feed
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 22:31 »
I'm not familiar with this particular product but epsom salts would probably be far cheaper.

If you water at about teatime or on a dull day, you won't have many problems with sun scorch.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

jazzbyrd

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 07:53 »
I agree with Yorke Epsom salts works a treat and can be bought cheaply from EBay. Of course you can also buy it from garden centers and chemists.
jazz :)
Do androids dream of electric sheep?

mclarkuk1

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 10:28 »
Thank you for your responses.

I have looked for information on Epsom Salts. It seems to me that as a magnesium boost for tomatos its great, but according to all the write ups on epsom salts, it kills all beneficial organisms within the soil. So once you have used epsom salt the soil is useless and no good for plant growth and you therefor need to add all nutrients back by feeding. Tomato food doesnt have all the nutrients so its not a simple case of feeding tomato food once weekly but more a case of buying all these chemicals to add back to the soil or re-potting the tomatos  :(

I did see another forum user saying about spraying the epsom salt solution onto the affected leaves. As this wouldnt I assume have any direct effect to the soil, maybe its the safest way to use.

I still have my doubts tho.  :unsure:

Kristen

• K's Garden blog
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 19:45 »
Every year my greenhouse tomatoes get yellowing in their leaves symptomatic of Magnesium deficiency, every year I use Epsom Slats and they recover within days. Can;t say I've had any collateral damage that I have noticed!

I spray with Epsom salts, not water onto the soil, which I suppose might make a difference.

fatcat1955

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 20:32 »
Chempak make a superb range of feeds, i use them all the time, but if i get yellowing leaves i get the epsom salts out.

xx
Which foliar feed?

Started by Kleftiwallah on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post November 21, 2019, 17:59
by Growster...
xx
Foliar feed for struggling tomatoes

Started by Spr0ut on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post May 02, 2014, 07:18
by BussinSpain
xx
Can seaweed foliar feed finish them off?

Started by shokkyy on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post June 13, 2012, 16:37
by mumofstig
xx
Seaweed foliar feed or root drench

Started by Yana on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post June 13, 2012, 13:30
by Yana

Page created in 0.75 seconds with 36 queries.