Administering Flubenvet

• 4 Replies

Beakybird

Administering Flubenvet
« on: April 21, 2011, 09:20 »
Hi all :)

After reading up on worming I've decided to try Flubenvet (I've been using Vermex prior to this) as my girl are free range.

Just wondering how everyone goes about administering Flubenvet as I've mixed it as directed (6g into 2kg of feed) - firstly into a cupful if pellets, then into more once fully mixed in. However, I'm finding that, because it's a powder, I can see it in the dust at the bottom of the pellet bucket ??? So I'm concerned that my girls won't get the correct dosage.

Any advice please?

Thanks in advance.

compostqueen

Re: Administering Flubenvet
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 10:57 »
If you've followed the detailed instructions about the mixing method then you should be fine. If you can still see the powder just give it another mix. You offer this same food for the week and each morning you can give it another stir before giving it to the hens  :)

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 11:25 »
Some and myself included mix a little olive oil to the pellet first then add the powder so it sticks to the pellet better.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

Beakybird

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 13:43 »
Thank you Compostqueen and Aidy. Much appreciated advice.

I think I'll try the olive oil method as the pellets I use are quite 'polished' on the outside and the feeder always has a layer of pellet dust at the bottom (which is where the Flubenvet will end up!).

Cheers guys!

Robster

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 13:44 »
I normally give the girl's pellets as well.  For the flubenvent i moved over to mash for the week.  I mixed it up in the dry food and then used some of this to make a batch of mash with water.  This ensured that they had it pretty equally distributed.  I gave them enough of this mix each day that they did not go hungry.  There was always a bit left when I tucked them up in bed.  This seemed to work pretty well

xx
Administering oral medication

Started by helens-hens on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post January 19, 2012, 10:38
by compostqueen
xx
flubenvet

Started by gcb on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post June 27, 2009, 13:36
by gcb
xx
flubenvet 1%

Started by oneup555 on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post August 03, 2010, 11:24
by joyfull
xx
Flubenvet

Started by stevefitz5 on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post June 02, 2010, 09:41
by Craig69

Page created in 0.257 seconds with 30 queries.