Very very proud of my daughter :)

• 12 Replies

min200

• adayinthelifeofmin
Very very proud of my daughter :)
« on: April 05, 2011, 01:05 »
As im in America and it was all last minute there were eggs in my incubator doing pretty well BUT I wasnt going to be around for the hatch date.

So with a heavy heart I told my little family that I would just throw them away and start again when I got back.

Well my 10 year old daughter Beth was having none of that!  She was hands on with the last hatch and she said "I will deal with them all Dad"

A little dubiously I agreed as hey its a good learning curve to be by yourself for the first time doing something like this.

To say she has done well is an understatement!  She told me today via skype that she has hatched 11 chicks and two ducklings over the weekend with only two, yes two!, eggs not making it! 

Not only that but she admitted to one little mistakes that has caused splay leg on one chick but she went online to see how to fix it and is currently giving the correct treatment with plasters!!!! 

Now I am always proud of my little girl but she has just amazed me with this!  Done all she should have with the hatching but dealing with splay leg as well is incredible!!  I asked my wife if she has been helping out to which she replied "I havnt had a clue on what she is talking about with the chicks most of the time" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Im one very happy Dad!

Lindeggs

• A little Kiwi
Re: Very very proud of my daughter :)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 04:45 »
Aww that's lovely!  What a great, responsible kid you're bringing up!  :D  When she's about 18 can I employ her please?  I need staff with an attitude like that!

Have you considered introducing her to this forum?  I'm sure you've thought of it and I realise there are all sorts of issues with 10-year-olds online, so please ignore me if the suggestion is silly.  It just seems that people here could talk her through any issues she has with this hatch or the many future ones I'm sure she's planning!  :lol:

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 06:35 »
Lindeggs you beat me to it - yes Min get her on here (if you let me know after she has registered we can make it so she cannot send or receive pm's just to be extra safe) then should she need any further advice she can always ask and you know she would be more than welcome.
So all I can add to this is well done Beth you obviously have a good head on those shoulders by not only hatching those eggs with such a good hatch rate but to then realise there is a problem and then taking the correct action - perhaps a career in animal care beckons in the future  :D
Staffies are softer than you think.

agapanthus

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 07:58 »
What a star!!!!!! :D :D :D

Pol

• Pauline
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 08:34 »
Pass on to Beth, welcome done  :D
1 Great Husband, 2 Children, 1 Grandson, 2 Allotments & Secretary, 3 Buff Orpington, 2 Friesian, 2 Barnevelder, 2 Dogs 1 Cocker Spaniel and the other X Labrador, 1 Chinchilla, 1 Cat, 2 Guinea Pigs, 2 Horse and look after 2 more, must be mad

flitwickone

• We Dig For Victory
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 08:54 »
wow what a brilliant piece of work five stars awarded

LittleRedHen

• little red hens egg blog
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 10:54 »
I know you are going to hate this question, but I have a good reason for asking it.  Where in the states are you?  I'm being nosey as I'm an American. 
When I die I will slide in sideways, a glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other, screaming, "Whooo hooo!  What a ride!" as life is to be enjoyed to the fullest!

LittleRedHen

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 10:55 »
Your daughter will remember this for the rest of her life and I am sure she will share this experience with her children in due time.  Well done her!  Excellent!

min200

• adayinthelifeofmin
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 12:48 »
Thank you all for your kind comments!  Yes she is a little star and I will speak to her about joining the forum later on!

LittleRedHen I am staying in Union Kentucky for the rest of this week.  Where abouts from the states are you then?

jinty1911

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 18:26 »
Very wel done to her. A star indeed  :D   :D

LittleRedHen

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 19:53 »
I'm from Pennsylvania.  :)

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 21:14 »
What a star Beth is  8)  Hatching nearly all the eggs and sorting out the splayed leg problem by going on line to get treatment advice.  That's mind bogglingly proficient for a 10 year old and you have lots of lovely chicks and ducklings to go home to thanks to your amazing little girl  :D

Think if Beth joins the forum she may giving us advice, not the other way round  ;)  :lol:

min200

• adayinthelifeofmin
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2011, 00:57 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: She's an old soul in a young body without a doubt!

xx
Proud mum!

Started by chuckmum on Chicken Chat

5 Replies
Last post May 29, 2010, 16:26
by LittleRedHen
xx
Feeling a bit proud....

Started by Honeysuckle on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post March 06, 2011, 15:12
by hillfooter
xx
Proud parents would like to announce.........

Started by elibump on Chicken Chat

22 Replies
Last post March 30, 2011, 13:06
by elibump
xx
I am blaming it all on daisy1990 !!! (now proud owner of 4 baby Itailian quail)

Started by ANHBUC on Chicken Chat

14 Replies
Last post October 12, 2011, 20:02
by ANHBUC

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 30 queries.