Doodlehouses

• 24 Replies

PaulineM

Doodlehouses
« on: March 18, 2011, 21:56 »
Hi
I have just been browsing through ebay and came across doodlehouse's, I was just wondering what you all thought about these houses, they are very attractive although I dont see any runs available.
By the way I am no way connected to this company  :)
1 Hubby, 2 children, 2 Welsummers, 1 Leghorn Banty, 1 Wyandotte Banty, 1 Barnevelder, 2 Isa Brown, 1 Rhode Island, 1 Goldline,1 Maran, 2 Mottled Leghorns, 1 Leghorn cockerel & 2 Jack Russells

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Doodlehouses
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 22:22 »
I am a great lover of plastic coops especially since getting redmite in my wooden ones last year. I saw these on ebay myself today but have never seen one in the flesh. I don't think they make runs though. Are you thinking about the small (3 hens) or the larger one (6 hens)?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 07:17 by joyfull »
Staffies are softer than you think.

min200

• adayinthelifeofmin
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 07:17 »
Looks like a cracking idea!  I hope they "catch on" but are no good for my run  :(

joyfull

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 07:26 »
let me know if you get one - they look good but fiddly to put together. Also check what price you go upto on ebay (including p&p) and look at their website prices - is it worth paying that little bit more and getting the larger one (although the website prices include the cost of p&p you do need to add on the 20% vat).

wolverine

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 08:07 »
I wish I had seen these before I had payed so much for a ugly cube  :( it's what I would buy if I could go back in time. Wonder what a very good condition green eglu cube would fetch ??? I could sell it and buy a doodle house and have cash left over. And the best part is I won't have to look at my cube ever again.
"It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it."

Tigerwren

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 08:17 »
Hi PaulineM, I think they look lovely and fairly easy to put together.   Let us know how you get on. :)

joyfull

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 08:27 »
wolverine - cubes fetch very good money so that is an option  :)
I love the eglu but not the cube, having said that I am in the process of buying a Solway ark which is not pretty at all (in fact it looks like a pig ark which is one of the reasons I am getting it - but thats another story  ::))

PaulineM

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 12:50 »
I was looking for a small ark type for a broody hen but just came across the doodlehouse, so unfortunately I'm not in the market for a new full size house, although I would definitely consider the doodlehouse if i was going to change my one.
They are very pretty and seem easy to put together, good luck to a british build company.  :)

joyfull

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 12:53 »
I believe they started making the same design in wood a couple of years ago but as it was ply I wasn't keen. The plastic though is thick, practical and they seem really good if not a bit too fancy for me  :).

evie2

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 13:14 »
Now why did I look and why did I show Jules, guess what the poots are getting  :nowink:

They are so spoiled :lol:
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 13:36 »
They look gorgeous  :D

The 2-3 chicken (small) size is £25 cheaper than an eglu classic without a run.

It has quite a few nooks and crannies for red mite to hang out but as it can be disassembled to flat pieces it should be possible to eradicate it without too much trouble.

I doesn't appear to be double skinned so would not give as much insulation to heat or cold as the eglu.

If I had a bigger garden and wanted another coop I would definitly consider this one:

LINK

joyfull

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2011, 14:31 »
looking at their feedback on ebay they sold a large one which had blue irises on the outside and straw on the inside - very pretty  :)

asd1

• Experienced Member
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2011, 15:28 »
Iv been looking at these they look lovely and I like the idea that they can slot together for the beach hut look!

PaulineM

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2011, 17:39 »
Sorry evie2,  :D
But very lucky chooks, let us all know what it is like  :lol:IF :lol: you get one

ktc

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2011, 19:15 »
We went for a recycled plastice house by Green Frog Designs.  Not as pretty as the doodlehouse but OK to put together and seems pretty robust and easy to clean.  Doesn't have a removable tray but the back comes off and nestboxes can be removed so it's easy to get at everything.
Karen

xx
Doodlehouses

Started by Pixiewish on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post May 02, 2012, 19:25
by Hen 1-0 Fox

Page created in 0.239 seconds with 32 queries.