Urgent advice please

• 3 Replies

cammi

• Experienced Member
Urgent advice please
« on: February 02, 2011, 19:11 »
I got another girl today (Copper Black), .  I only have one run and coop, so today she has been in the run the guinea pigs use in the summer, one of those big collapasible ones with the cat carrier we borough her home in.  She has been fine the other girls have all met her walked round the run etc.  My problem is now, at night, i have put her back into the cat carrier and put her in the tool shed as it is blowing a gale here, but i have just gone and checked on her and i could hear her walking around in the box!  I'm wondering whether she NEEDS to roost?  I am thinking whether to put her loose (with the box incase she want to get in) in the greenhouse, but i'm worried she will get cold (as the lady mentioned they aren't great in freezing conditions) being in a more open space on her own.  Its not a glass one, its one of those small double walled plastic ones.

Do i leave where she is, but will she get stressed??

Do i move her to the greenhouse, but will she get cold??

Any advice please

Thanks
11 Chickens (Rhode Rock, Bluebell, Copper Black, Columbine, Coucou, Mystery Hen, Clarance Court, Araucana, brown hen ) , 3 Cats (1 mog, 1 bengal, 1 Bengal x),  2 Little Boys, 1 dog (Golden Retriever) and 1 Husband

Casey76

Re: Urgent advice please
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 19:22 »
My boys (and girls) were usually quite happy in a cat carrier... in my warm snuggly bathroom... no perching required, just snuggled into the shavings I had in the carrier... and these are birds who naturally perch in the tree.

So, can you not bring her into the house over night?

cammi

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 19:37 »
i could do just thought that would be more stressful for her, with all the smells of cats and people

Casey76

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 19:47 »
I have two cats, and their trays are in the bathroom.  As long as the light wasn't turned on (well, apart from when people used the room lol) they chickens didn't seem to mind.

I use the bathroom as my hospital room for all my animals :)

xx
URGENT - Help/advice please!

Started by cammi on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post June 04, 2011, 22:37
by OpiumEater
xx
URGENT advice please

Started by poultrygeist on The Hen House

17 Replies
Last post April 13, 2008, 10:47
by poultrygeist
xx
URGENT ADVICE!!!!

Started by bedifferent on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post May 27, 2009, 18:49
by woodside farm
xx
Need Urgent Advice

Started by Eblana on The Hen House

28 Replies
Last post September 15, 2013, 09:45
by nerdle

Page created in 0.282 seconds with 28 queries.