• Experienced Member
    • Wonderland Tea Parties
Re: First allotment today
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2011, 10:13 »
Good luck with it :)

GreenOwl

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2011, 15:35 »
went to the lotty again today though and someone had stolen our china cat and a load of soil from our compost bin :ohmy:. the cheek of it. Only two days and weve got a thief on our plot. good job I hid that hoe.

I'd have a word with the secretary or whoever runs your allotments about that.  They won't be able to do much but do mention it.  That's well out of order.  It must have been obvious the plot has been taken over and you have started on it. 

mikethebrush

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2011, 16:42 »
I know this sounds daft but the thief might be the old plotholder

I took over my plot last nov and over Christmas I was clearing it and someone came up to a nearby plot , emptied the compost bin into bags . I asked what he was doing and he said he had given the plot up and was collecting his compost along with his leeks, the new plotholder was not impressed and cmplained to the council , dont know the outcome yet

welcome to the strange but very rewarding life of the allotmenteer. remember gently does it, little and often and ease yourself into it, I love my plot and make the time to get up there

SkipRat

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2011, 21:23 »
Good luck with your new allotment, remember when taking on an overgrown, weed infested plot, dont overdo things, a little and often is better then trying to do it all in a week or so. Over the years I have witnessed many times people who go at it hammer and tong only to get deluded that allotments are just hard work, they then give up their plots. Its a marathon not a sprint. Above all else enjoy it. Tea was invented especially for the allotment plot holder so must be drunk in copius amounts thats allotment law... :)

PS welcome to the forum... :)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 21:26 by SkipRat »
I used to work in a helium gas factory, but I walked out, no one talks to me like that.

LittleRedHen

• little red hens egg blog
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2011, 09:03 »
I'm so excited for you!  We just moved house this weekend and I signed up for an allotment a month before moving so I would get on the list as soon as possible.  I have no idea what awaits me when I get it in April!  Never thought about a rubbish tip  :ohmy:.  You sure made good progress though!  So exciting!  Please post pictures!  I'd like to find a china cat, actually!   ;)
When I die I will slide in sideways, a glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other, screaming, "Whooo hooo!  What a ride!" as life is to be enjoyed to the fullest!

LittleRedHen

• little red hens egg blog
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2011, 12:12 »
Lottie, that IS a lot of cheek!  Now if that china cat was buried, no one knew it was there until you unearthed it!  You do have a thief on the plot.  Naughty!

xx
What I did on the allotment today

Started by Mahogony on Grow Your Own

2312 Replies
Last post December 31, 2010, 15:53
by Tenhens
xx
Snow at the allotment today .....

Started by crowndale on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post October 31, 2008, 05:53
by min200
xx
today at allotment........pics

Started by spongebob on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post February 27, 2009, 23:17
by spongebob
xx
Allotment viewing....TODAY

Started by Hayleynotts on Grow Your Own

28 Replies
Last post June 22, 2014, 21:02
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.532 seconds with 30 queries.