milky poo

• 4 Replies

Tigerwren

• Experienced Member
milky poo
« on: December 21, 2010, 11:12 »
Hi all,
two of my girls have had very milky type, runny poo today.  One is a white leghorn and the other a bluebell.  Both are a similar age - about 29 wks and have been laying regularly for about five weeks.  They free range, but have full access to water and food - layers pellets.  I feed them a handful of mixed corn in the early evening and they obviously help themselves to grubs etc from the field.  we have no snow, allthough lots of ice and frost.  Yesterday, the girls water did freeze, but there is water in the field which isn't frozen.
I have looked at the pics on the stickie and it looks like the one which was from the old hen who may have had kidney problems.  They are both happy, no temperature and are eating etc.  Do you think they are ok?  Any advice greatly received  :unsure:
Thanks

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: milky poo
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 11:49 »
along with kidney problems it can also be a sign of worms, coccidiosis and infectious bursal disease.
Try worming them first and also make sure they have access to plenty of water as a lack of water can trigger kidney problems and in this freezing weather they can suffer with a lack of fluids.
Staffies are softer than you think.

Tigerwren

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 18:25 »
Ok thanks Joyful.  I wormed them when I first got them five weeks or so ago - with Flubenvet.  Do I just repeat the same dose or will I have to increase it?

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 19:00 »
if there wasn't any sign of worms when you last wormed them then I wouldn't repeat it just yet. Make sure they have plenty of water and keep a close eye on them for now.

Tigerwren

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 19:29 »
Will do, but I have to say I feel really worried - I googled those ideas you had and of course am now worrying!  :dry: Will at least be able to keep them topped up with water now that I have finished for Christmas and will keep my fingers crossed.  thanks Joyfull!

question
milky poo

Started by joolie on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post October 04, 2009, 19:47
by joolie
xx
Milky water poo

Started by Lacuna on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post October 08, 2012, 09:16
by Lacuna
xx
Duck with a 'milky' eye

Started by upert on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post November 27, 2013, 10:00
by joyfull

Page created in 0.411 seconds with 37 queries.