All present and correct.

• 12 Replies

weeeed

All present and correct.
« on: July 21, 2007, 20:34 »
Well I now have all 3 gojis (with leaves) it's a miracle! All 3 blueberries arrived in pots and looking healthy, then today, the seed thingy for sprouting seeds arrived so it will be all systems go when I finally get organised.  I bought the ericasous compost today, along with my half price stainless steel tools, from Wilko's.  I've been drooling over these tools for weeks.  I really must get out  more, anyone know how to get a life? A yob told me to get on when my dogs sniffed him out of the underbush yesterday!  I think I've turned into a sad old person overnight! :lol:  :lol:
I know less today than I did yesterday, and I knew nothing then!

Ice

• muck spreader
All present and correct.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 20:41 »
What are goji berries like weeed?  I hear they are the new superfood and blueberries are also packed with goodness, so a great addition to the plot.  Bet they cost a fortune to buy in the shops.
Cheese makes everything better.

weeeed

Goji berries
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 23:44 »
I'll let you know when I've tried them! If I can grow from cuttings and they are worth it I'll send you some, I don't think that will be any time soon though. Blueberries are fab, very versatile. :wink:

brucesgirl

All present and correct.
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 19:43 »
I've eaten about a hundred blueberries over the last couple of weeks from my plants - and just had to go back on my blood pressure tablets!!
So I reckon I need super-duper-food now to get healthy again, maybe my guji's will help if they ever fruit.
I don't think eating blueberries and high blood pressure are related I hasten to add!

jacnal

• http://jacnal.blogspot.com/
All present and correct.
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 20:15 »
Quote from: "Ice hockey mad"
What are goji berries like weeed?  I hear they are the new superfood and blueberries are also packed with goodness, so a great addition to the plot.  Bet they cost a fortune to buy in the shops.

They're superb, but yes, very expensive! Didn't know we could grow them here?! And blue berries too.

I think I'm up for all these berries on the plot. I've had so much fun with raspberries, gooseberries, black and redberries, and looking forward to the blackcurrants too.
Jac

Trying organic gardening. Hoping to stick to it.

weeeed

All present and correct.
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 14:52 »
Hey, jc, I'll swop some cuttings of my blueberries and gojis if you can give me any rasps etc. I have just sent for bilberry seeds so hopefully soon my finances will be sorted and my credit card can come off melt down. :roll:  :lol:

jacnal

All present and correct.
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 00:00 »
Sure Jan. I just need to know how to take a cutting and when it's best to, then we can swop My raspberry plants seem to have done their bit for this summer. We've had no fruit now for weeks! Or am I expecting too much? I might spread those cuttings around the plot too!

weeeed

All present and correct.
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 21:17 »
Hi Jac, well I have just found the thingy on rasbs and other soft fruits. Apparently the easiest way to propergate is by layering. Lay a stem down to the ground stick a big hair pin or something over it wait for it to root, then cut the umbilical and give it a name! :wink:  :lol:  :lol:

jacnal

All present and correct.
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 21:51 »
Huh?  :?  I think I understand.... but just so I'm sure, do I just lay the branch to the ground and pin it down? Where exactly is the  umbilical? Do I just cut off any stem anywhere?  :oops:

weeeed

All present and correct.
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2007, 20:10 »
Well Jac, I know a bit about the birds and bees but this may not   be the place for such lessons! Yup, you just lay the full stem still attatched of course!  You will know when the babies have rooted 'cos they wont come up when you lift it back up! That is when you sever them from the mother plant, you savvie? :lol:  :lol:  :lol: ock:

jacnal

All present and correct.
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2007, 20:34 »
Birds and bees?!?!! Well, I never  :oops:

Aunty, aunty, I never ever though of birds n bees, just wanted to know how you lay a branch to the ground and pin it down!

Naughty Jan Weeeeed. Embarassing me like that! I'm all hot flushed now too, lol!!!

birds and bees...... pah! :wink:

Edit to celebrate my 200th post. Yipee!!! ~*~*~*~*

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
All present and correct.
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2007, 20:42 »
It's nothing to do with the birds and bees jacnal.  

This is an example of vegetative propagation rather than sexual reproduction  :lol:

jacnal

All present and correct.
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 10:31 »
Hey Jan,

Been tidying up the fruit bushes at my plot, and I've gooseberry and blackberry and raspberry stems with roots in them, if you still want them. Now how do I post them? Wrap in wet tissue/cloth or what? And, do I trim them down to just the stem and roots?

It take you up on your offer of blueberries and gojis (also saw your acer offer. Is it a soft fruit too? Apologies for the ignorance!  :oops: ) - when they are ready for sharing, of course, as I presume they're still new etc etc. PM me for more details!

xx
WHAT IS THE CORRECT OR BEST WAY TO STORE SEEDS?

Started by jazzbyrd on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post June 23, 2008, 08:59
by jazzbyrd
xx
The correct manure/fertiliser ?

Started by tallgingerbloke on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post January 24, 2011, 13:49
by Kristen
xx
Fertility/pH metre -- is this correct?

Started by Marti on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post July 28, 2008, 23:00
by gobs
xx
A present

Started by Sweet Pea 2 on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post September 14, 2010, 00:08
by Paul Plots

Page created in 0.478 seconds with 36 queries.