mad hen

• 3 Replies

tina

mad hen
« on: July 21, 2007, 14:00 »
i have a hen very tame loves games but when you let her out she runs backwards and drops hear head and shakes it as if she's cleaning her beak but her head never touches the floor or anything she's doing it alot now we call it her moon walk but im getting worried about it now she's eating and laying fine but is a very broody hen she's always sitting the eggs my husband said she has new chest feathers coming threw that might be irriatating her has anyone else seen it before blanche is a brahma breed

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
mad hen
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 20:52 »
Welcome to the site Tina

Check her head, ears and neck for lice.

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
mad hen
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 21:02 »
Hi Tina welcome to the site  :D
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

tina

mad hen
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 21:24 »
thank you everyone for your warm welcome we treat them regularly for lice checked her can't see any i have 6 chickens and she's the only one that does it its weird watching her because we can't work out if she's dragging her feet or its her head she looks like micheal jacksons moonwalk slides her feet backwards puts her head down and shakes it  other than that she's really active eating well just treated the coop pen and birds for lice mites ect we do it regular my husband said she's just mad like me xxxx :lol:

Page created in 0.236 seconds with 28 queries.