slugs

• 8 Replies

themagicaltoad1

slugs
« on: October 15, 2010, 21:17 »
When I built my new run I went to great lengths to make it fox and rat proof. The food dish hangs from a chain in the roof and I didn't take it in at night. Within a short time I noticed there were slug/ snail trails all over it in the mornings so I started clipping it up high at night. This morning I found what I first thought was a snake on it, but no, it was the biggest slug I've ever seen. The question is.... how the hell are they getting to it? They must come through the wire at night but then they would have to crawl up the sides which are about 8ft high and across the underneath of the roof then down the chain. Does anyone else have this problem?

Kate and her Ducks

Re: slugs
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 21:21 »
I have ducks. I haven't seen a slug in years!!!  :D
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 21:23 »
They crawl under our garage door travel about 8 feet across a concrete floor and eat the cats biscuits lol
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

Joandthegirls

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 17:21 »
Yes I do, but it has to be said that they don't last long once the girls have spotted them. I used to keep guinea pigs and would quite often find one in the food bowl there as well.

themagicaltoad1

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 21:09 »
My girls obviously think it's beneath them to eat slugs, caterpillars and worms- won't touch them >:(

tesni

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 23:45 »
don't know where they think they are going but I often see slug/snail trails up the side of my mum's house as high as her 1st floor bedroom windows and up toward the eaves  :nowink: nasty creatures

penninehillbilly

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 00:05 »
My girls obviously think it's beneath them to eat slugs, caterpillars and worms- won't touch them >:(
I'm glad it isn't only mine, everyone else seems to say hens and bantams love slugs, mine will dash in, fight over one then drop it in disgust. (apart from worms)

grumpydad

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 12:26 »
how do they get on my car windscreen ?

they must have a really long journey.

Flowerpower136

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 13:16 »
Our house is 3 storey and they can get to the top bedroom window ledge?  Not sure why they would want to, though the view from there is  very good.  :D

Don't have any probs with them in the chook run though.  Can't imagine how they are getting in that poition.  Any sign of a trampoline?

xx
Slugs and snails

Started by greenun on Chicken Chat

0 Replies
Last post July 05, 2010, 12:20
by greenun

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 30 queries.