Is she going broody?

• 0 Replies

PaulineM

Is she going broody?
« on: September 22, 2010, 12:45 »
Hi again,
Yet more queries! :(
I have my girls 6 weeks now so I am inexperienced in judging whether one of my girls is going broody. Betsy is a silver laced wyandotte banty (I think) ::) she and one other chook frequently end up wanting to lay at the same time and often argue over who gets into the nestbox (even tho there are 3), so yesterday Betsy was in nestbox for a long time but no egg, then sookie wanted in much to Betsy shouting for 25 mins, then Betsy was back in, by late afternoon I made her move and got pecked etc and discovered she was sitting on two eggs, I removed these and she didn't shout too much but soon got back into nestbox. It was a very bad day here yesterday and I have my coop in a stable now and none of the girls hardly left the stable yesterday. Anyway she did roost ok last night but today she has been back in nestbox, being agressive when I try to move her but I did manage to get her out just now and she didn't shout and has went and joined the other girls in the garden, so have I just disturbed her trying to lay or is she going broody? If she is going broody what should I do!  :(  Help!!!   ???
1 Hubby, 2 children, 2 Welsummers, 1 Leghorn Banty, 1 Wyandotte Banty, 1 Barnevelder, 2 Isa Brown, 1 Rhode Island, 1 Goldline,1 Maran, 2 Mottled Leghorns, 1 Leghorn cockerel & 2 Jack Russells

xx
eating fertile eggs from under a broody!! and general broody questions

Started by frenchliving on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post June 13, 2012, 20:58
by ANHBUC
xx
how and do ? hybrids (brown hen) go broody how can you get them broody ?

Started by alotment shed on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post March 22, 2009, 09:13
by too many girls
xx
Sorry ANOTHER broody question (that's BROODY not B*oody)

Started by Fifitrix on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post May 07, 2009, 10:36
by Fifitrix
xx
Broody or not broody that is the question.

Started by Ma Lowe on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post June 20, 2010, 14:10
by nicky d

Page created in 0.247 seconds with 27 queries.