New grandparents

• 13 Replies

carolbriar

New grandparents
« on: September 12, 2010, 05:41 »
Hi everyone.  I have been awake tossing and turning since 03.55am and decided not to fight it anymore.  I spend so much time watching the topics on this forum and even replying to some that I thought I would let you all know that at approx 03.35 this morning our daughter gave birth to our first grandchild - Sophie weighing in at a healthy 81/2 lbs.  We are thrilled to bits - mother and baby doing well.  Can't wait to see her photo.   :D :D :D
2 Springer Spaniels, 1 Speckled Sussex,  1 Cuckoo Maran, 1 Light Sussex, 1 Welsummer, 2 Barnvelders and 2 silver Pencil Wyandotes.

twissle

• Experienced Member
Re: New grandparents
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 08:07 »
Oh what a lovely post to wake up to :D. you must be over the moon :D :D

nicky d

• Experienced Member
  • super shane
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 08:59 »
big congrats carol, im glad she arrived in the world safely and mum is doing well, a lovely healthy weight aswell and love the name, i bet you carnt wait to get over to her.   nickyxx
4 girlies,  Nessa, Pamela, Stacey and Tina

alancane

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 09:34 »
No wonder you couldn't sleep.... congratulations!!!!   :) :) :)
Alan

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 09:49 »
Awww congratulations Carol.  You must be over the moon!!!

carolbriar

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 10:08 »
Thank you so much everyone.  I'm on cloud 9 at the moment.  I only managed a total of an hour's sleep from about 7.30am this morning so am feeling very bleary eyed.  Our daughter hasn't slept at all yet but hopefully she will get some sleep before they send her home - probably this afternoon.  Her husband is on paternity leave for two weeks so am leaving them to have their time together and then I am going over.  They live near London and we live in Northern Ireland so it isn't a case of just popping in for an hour or two and then going home.  I hope to be there for a week or two depending on how long she would like me there to help.  We are both on skype and have webcams so hope to see a real life picture when they get home.  I have one taken on the phone but it isn't that great.  Can't wait to see more.  I can't stop smiling :D :D

NormandyMary

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 10:42 »
Many congratulations....Grannie!!

evie2

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 13:27 »
How wonderful, congratulations Grannie Carol, so glad mum and Sophie are well :D Get as many pics as possible, they change so fast in the first few weeks and you'll want to keep up :D

Our new grandson is 4 weeks old today and we're very luck we can see Joshua and big sister Evie every day :D 

By the time you come over they'll be less visitors around and you'll have them all to yourself :D

Don't forget the pics :D

May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

carolbriar

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 13:50 »
I have two photos on my iphone but am looking forward to seeing them on skype when they are home - probably this evening! Can't wait.  I will definately have them all to myself when I go over.  It will be so strange having a grandchild but I am sure very rewarding.  They are coming to us for Christmas for two weeks so will have time with them then as well. :D Thank you all for your good wishes. :D

Evansent

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 15:40 »
Congratulations!! Glad all is well with Mum and new daughter. Don't buy too many beautiful tiny outfits or you won't fit them in your case!!

C x
It's not the years that age you, it's the weekends!!!

carolbriar

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 17:10 »
Have bought several outfits already, a lovely oak cot bed, the softest rabbit, rattles - you name it.  Gone a bit mad but why not!  The first only happens once!  I will post a picture once I get a decent one.  Soon I hope :D

Carla

• Experienced Member
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 19:59 »
Yeay CONGRATULATIONS  :D :D :D
My mom reckons the love for your grankids is purer than that for your kids because it's not tainted with any annoyance/sleep deprivation/boredom, just pure, unadulterated, all consuming love. Enjoy your baby girl, and hope you big baby girl gets some well deserved rest. I have a 6month old, and feel for her...oh do I feel for her lol  ::)
Many pets, a bloke and 2 kids....help!!!

carolbriar

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 21:55 »
Thanks Carla
I don't know if they are home now or not.  I dare not phone as they hadn't had any sleep and it would be typical if I phoned and woke them up :(  I will have to be patient and wait and talk to them tomorrow.

Hayley'sHens

• Experienced Member
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2010, 22:05 »
Awww  :) Congratulations Carole. Sophie is a great name, My sophie is 19 now and a lovely girl  :)

Page created in 0.353 seconds with 36 queries.