My first poorly girl

• 5 Replies

pinkladies

My first poorly girl
« on: September 11, 2010, 14:49 »
I`ve had my girls for about a year and a half now and  two of them have just finished being broody , one after another and lasted for weeks ( lots of hand feeding needed to keep them going ). last week I thought great now I can worm them de-louse etc but....more feathers started to apear in the coup and around the pen form my Moran then yesterday teatime she goes into that broody trance and this morning stayed in the coup. OK here I go again !! But the reason for this post is she seems different than my last two broody ladies .I got her out lunchtime to join in with the others but she just stand there and closes her eyes she also apears to be dripping fluid from her vent  up untill yesterday she was fine bright clear eyes no watering bright red wattle and comb but something just isn`t right , its funny when you know your girls very well and you just know ! I`m going to bring her into the conservatory to keep an eye on her but  any suggestions !!!....thanks.....Shirley

pinkladies

Re: My first poorly girl
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 15:20 »
I have attached a couple of pics I have just taken of my Moran, as you can see her eyes are bright , she is hot under the wings and very lethargic but not puffed up like other broody girls . I know they are due for worming , Flubervent given to all 3rd of April de- loused about 3rd August  she has a few on her but not alot ( was going to do them all this week ) She had quite o good drink of water about an hour ago but could not be tempted with any food not even mealworms,and has no crop .....any suggestions..Shirley
IMG_0007.JPG

pinkladies

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 15:20 »
another pic
IMG_0010.JPG

bantam novice

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 20:57 »
No suggestions, I'm afraid.  I just wanted to wish you luck  :)
11 bantams (and counting!) 2 dogs 1 cat

pinkladies

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 21:31 »
My lady had a rest inside this afternoon then decided to go for a wonder around the garden at tea time with the rest of the gang. She drank quite a lot and even had some mealworms so I will have see how she is in the morning, Its not `till things like this happen you realise just how attached you get to them !!....Shirley

NormandyMary

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 21:50 »
Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason why they appear off colour. We go like it dont we. One minute we feel rough, the next we're okay. (Unless we're men of course, when it goes on for days!)
Hopefully your girl will bounce back to her normal self. The fact she has started to eat is always a good sign I think.

Good Luck.

She's a beautiful looking bird by the way. I want a couple like her next!

Mary.

xx
poorly girl?????

Started by sussexchook on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post August 23, 2015, 20:38
by Helenaj
xx
Poorly Girl?

Started by ycholmes on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post October 29, 2011, 20:53
by ycholmes
xx
poorly girl

Started by sussexchook on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post April 02, 2015, 22:01
by grinling
xx
Not sure if my girl is poorly or not

Started by Maccbean on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post May 16, 2010, 14:53
by Maccbean

Page created in 0.285 seconds with 36 queries.