ducks

• 3 Replies

garycogburn

ducks
« on: August 14, 2010, 21:28 »
does anyone have any good tips for improving the enviroment of my duck pen. have 4 campbells. ducks are ducks!!!  they have flattened everything, ripped out all kinds of plants i try to put in, even tough grass. when i put them in, they had a good grass area, and thats gone too. what kinds of plants do they not destroy. thank you for your replies.

Tattyanne456

• Experienced Member
  • who says I only grow Mickey Mouse potatoes!
Re: ducks
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 10:33 »
Thats ducks for ya!! lol They are really messy, trample everything with their big feet. Mine free range around the garden, because as you are aware when they are confined to one area they quickly reduced it to dirt or mud! When I first got my ducks, and they were confined for the early days, I got one of those large plastic  underbed storage boxes and filled that with water, they seemed to spend most of their time in that, sothat might be an idea?

garycogburn

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 12:58 »
hello. they have a small "bath" is which they paddle, but thats it. they cope very well. i just rake the enclosure every week. the mess from them and the chickens and rabbits make for very good feed for my allotment, which is next to them in the garden. just need a goat now to keep the grass short!!

jamima

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 10:38 »
Mine free range round the garden when they first came they ate every plant in the pond so never replaced anymore plants, i have mostly grass and they are quite happy  with the hens  :)

xx
Ducks and lights and ducks and holly

Started by RichardA on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post January 13, 2009, 17:48
by poultrygeist
xx
3 little ducks . . . . . .

Started by daveinmanc on The Hen House

21 Replies
Last post January 15, 2008, 17:56
by Jellyhead
xx
Ducks

Started by Boxfanman on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post September 24, 2008, 08:29
by Knight Family
xx
old age ducks

Started by r2d2 on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post November 11, 2010, 15:57
by r2d2

Page created in 0.992 seconds with 30 queries.