stolen birds!

• 9 Replies

MontyTom

• Experienced Member
stolen birds!
« on: July 06, 2007, 00:10 »
anyone experienced having stock stolen ever?  went to feed the birds I keep over one of my allotments today to find the locks ripped off the shed and 2 birds out of 12 missing.  To add to the bad news their feeder was also taken, brand new too!  looks like it was 3 kids from the footprints, but they did it this afternoon in broad daylight.  have taken the other 10 away tonight incase the little b******s come back for the others.  odd thing is that there was also a lot of moneys worth of tools completely open to them in the greenhouses (inc cordless drill) 2 yards from birds!  annoying.

chicksforkicks

• Experienced Member
stolen birds!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 00:37 »
no,  ive never had chickens stolen from me. the reason being on my coop there is a lock that can only be opened by the key we have. what kind of lock was on yours?
-If life gives you lemons find someone who got vodka and have a party
-If it doesn't fit;force it. If it breaks; you needed a new one anyway
-Borrow money from pessimist; they don't expect it back

mercury

stolen birds!
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 09:26 »
Just got back from the lottie this morning, and my goose and gander are missing, no sign of anyone breaking in, i suspect the fox :cry:

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
stolen birds!
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 09:32 »
So sorry for your losses. It has happent recently to See:

http://www.chat.allotment-garden.org/viewtopic.php?t=6211

If it was a fox mercury you would find feathers  :!:

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
stolen birds!
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 11:01 »
Bad luck Monty, seems to be a bit of it about recently thieving swine's    :evil:
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

Gloria

stolen birds!
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 15:28 »
I am so sorry for what you've been through, guys,  :cry: you must feel sick to the stomach. It's never nice to get robbed, but to have your animals taken is even worse :( . And then there's the anxiety of will it happen again. I hope you manage to get things as secure as they can be to discourage the rotten thieves  :evil:

alan42

• Experienced Member
stolen birds!
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 18:50 »
we have times when the sheds get broken into and a couple of months ago it was chiken runs to get the drinkers there then sold on at car booters and such like ( car booters have a lot to answear for perfect for selling stolen goods at ) i once had a pair of modern game birds stolen i then found out the rat that stole them lived in my street and had given the birds to his grandad as a presant he was serveraly dealt with and firmly promised that on his release from hospital he would not come near my allotment ( i kid you not ) my son had words with him when he came home on leave and i got the birds back with a sack of food for my inconvieniance. it is so maddening when it happens just dont let them grind you down cos what comes around goes around.
alan

mercury

stolen birds!
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 20:02 »
Quote from: "alan42"
he was serveraly dealt with and firmly promised that on his release from hospital he would not come near my allotment ( i kid you not )
alan

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :wink:

nicky

stolen birds!
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2007, 14:32 »
Quote from: "alan42"
he was serveraly dealt with and firmly promised that on his release from hospital he would not come near my allotment ( i kid you not )

Fantastic!!  It's good to know justice is still alive in England. We had our shop broken into and they never got the gits that did it,they even took money we were raising for charity. :evil:

MontyTom

• Experienced Member
stolen birds!
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2007, 21:35 »
I don't think the thieves were bothered about lock keys, they ripped the lot off!  Kind of them to throw the padlock on the run floor so I could use it again.

Taking no chances. Have taken all remaning bords out and am going to vacate the allotment. Fortunately have sourced another more secluded allotment about a mile away. I am convinced they will and come back for the rest!

alan, good job.  glad you got the person that took your birds.  the kids that took mine are lucky I didn't see them.  keeping my ear to the ground to see if I can locate my birds.  small community where I live, so someone will know.

anyway, thanks all for kind comments.  still got 43 birds left, so enough to keep me busy for now.

xx
Feeding the birds (wild birds)

Started by ManicMum on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post November 13, 2011, 16:41
by mjd
xx
Stolen Egg's

Started by Lakisha354 on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post July 02, 2009, 10:22
by Sassy
xx
STOLEN

Started by JANEVANS02 on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post December 17, 2008, 11:21
by babe
xx
stolen

Started by izzy on The Hen House

21 Replies
Last post January 15, 2011, 08:53
by izzy

Page created in 0.248 seconds with 29 queries.