its show time !!

• 8 Replies

doubledug

• Experienced Member
its show time !!
« on: July 25, 2010, 19:33 »
well open day actually but i thought i would get your attention. We have an open day in august and every year mid june the best plots are judged to receive prizes on the big day. Problem is the judges are the committee and the committee are very particular about how one should cultivate mother earth. I have less chance than a young cabbage in a pigeon coup of getting a look in as i have PATHS!! on my plot, you could have got another row of spuds in there dont you know. :tongue2:
   well this year it was the president and his leftenant took first and second, or was it the other way round, never quite shore as they keep swaping around each year.  :blink: Bless them 

rachelr

Re: its show time !!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 20:44 »
sounds like a little insider trading is going on in your allotments. May I suggest a good pesticide tee hee

Babstreefern

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 22:10 »
You should all get together, and state that the Committee do not get involved.  Its like M&S organising a competition for the general public, but the local M&S manager of another shop winning it :mad:
Babs

andy135

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 00:12 »
Our committee members are not judged on our site. The inspections are carried out by the head gardener of the parks dept. He is accompanied by our chairman and secretary but their plots are not judged.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 00:14 by andy135 »

doubledug

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 08:12 »
I like your comments i am ashamed to say the weed killer had crossed my mind or better still a pesticide applied direct to the offending members :D, but no i think an independent judge is the way to go, just to see there faces when they hear the sugestion will be a peach.   

rachelr

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 12:59 »
no pesticide where is your sense of adventure. A midnight picnic then in some one elses allotment!!!

jjbull

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 16:07 »
shouldnt everyone have a vote, majority rules and all that, which allotment are you at as there are a couple right near me in darlo

doubledug

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 12:10 »
sad news today our prize winning leader harvested his expensive heat treated onions today and they were all rotten, I let it be known that my bumper crop were grown from sets bought from a local shop called no frills. There is justice in the world :D

granjan

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2010, 13:36 »
sad news today our prize winning leader harvested his expensive heat treated onions today and they were all rotten, I let it be known that my bumper crop were grown from sets bought from a local shop called no frills. There is justice in the world :D

Revenge is so sweet especially when it is accidental  :tongue2:

xx
show results 1st time in this show

Started by philskin on Grow Your Own

24 Replies
Last post September 06, 2009, 14:56
by Noah'strolly
xx
I'll show my mine if you show me yours!

Started by Jimmy Splash on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post June 15, 2010, 19:00
by Irene
xx
Lottie Time Vs Work Time

Started by fatbelly on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post September 10, 2007, 07:49
by crowndale
xx
Show and tell (well, ASK, actually)

Started by Smudgeboy on Grow Your Own

23 Replies
Last post March 30, 2007, 22:35
by Smudgeboy

Page created in 0.423 seconds with 27 queries.