What are they?

• 6 Replies

sueanthony

What are they?
« on: July 03, 2010, 17:08 »
Hi, don't know if anyone can help but I have planted a couple of butternut squash, cucumber and courgette seeds.  unfortunately, I can't remember which is which!!!!  I have just potted them all on but still not much difference with each.  Does anyone have any useful pointers which I might try to spot the difference.  If not, I am going to plant them all out anyway and it will be a surprise!!!!

mobilekat

Re: What are they?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 18:10 »
I thought you could easily identify a cucumber seedling, by the fact it was trying its hardest to die!....... ;)
Very often quite lost- would be more lost if I could work out where I was!- But always find my way home.....

amckeen

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 18:52 »
I have the same problem but did it on purpose - thought it would be a nice surprise as things developed, be it squash, pumpkin, courgette, outdoor cucumber or marrow.  Only ever had success with courgette before really so we will see.

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 19:38 »
I'm sorry, I find that a bit of an odd thing to do as they have different spacing requirments, albeit that they are from the same family. You could find your squash choking out the cucumbers, for instance.
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 23:03 »
When they are little (but only then) my cucumbers have smaller leaves than squashes pumpkins........maybe that'll help :)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 08:44 by mumofstig »

Dave Mack

• Zillionaire
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 23:33 »
Here you go this is a Squash plant ... i think its about 2 weeks old  ;)

sueanthony

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2010, 12:06 »
Here you go this is a Squash plant ... i think its about 2 weeks old  ;)

Oh my goodness, no mine are nothing like this size yet ???.  I might wait a little and see.  Thank you for taking the time to show me your picture :)

Page created in 0.619 seconds with 38 queries.