Red Hot Poker

• 2 Replies

mobilekat

Red Hot Poker
« on: June 24, 2010, 22:39 »
Stood in the garden last week having a chat to OH, and he pointed out our Red Hot Poker was being very quiet this year, with no sign of flowering- and it normally flowers very early.

Yesterday I looked to see 2 flower stalks creeping out, think it heard him and remembered there was something its was meant to have done! :)

Has been repotted this year, which I think has boosted it, and its friend the pansy (have been living together for years!)- both looking brighter since a move!- also think it prefers living in Devon, was less happy in Surrey for the last 2 years (I blame the hard water!)- the Acers that travelled with us are also both happier here! :)
Very often quite lost- would be more lost if I could work out where I was!- But always find my way home.....

Trillium

Re: Red Hot Poker
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 22:54 »
Although kniphophias like it hot and dry, being potted does restrict their roots and food supply, so a repotting every couple years will keep them in better health. Mine are in the ground and I give them a light manure feed each year for best blooms.

mobilekat

Re: Red Hot Poker
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 22:58 »
I have a habit of keeping 'feature plants' in pots so I can move them around to fill gaps,  :)also we were thinking of moving house, so all our 'old friends' are potted so they can go with us (think moving is on hold until win lottery tho!) :)

xx
red hot poker

Started by mdjlucan on General Gardening

2 Replies
Last post April 18, 2011, 21:29
by mdjlucan
xx
red hot poker dot

Started by mdjlucan on General Gardening

1 Replies
Last post December 28, 2011, 08:42
by Plot 6B
xx
What are Delphiniums,Lupins and Red Hot Poker grown from ?

Started by garddwr on General Gardening

10 Replies
Last post July 15, 2009, 10:51
by Flowerpower136

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 28 queries.