what a great day!!

• 9 Replies

smc

• Experienced Member
what a great day!!
« on: June 06, 2010, 17:54 »
weather was glourious today in brum!   and also had a great day down the lottie  any body else????

got stuck into my composte bins, totally empty now on one side and put it into my asparagus bed and squash beds.  even had a cheeky cider on way home..dont think i would wanna be anywhere else today if i could :)

Beetroot queen

Re: what a great day!!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 17:57 »
It was lovely here, infact too hot by one o'clock, had to bring the children home as they were getting crispy in the sun  :D

tontom

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 18:29 »
could'nt get to the lottie today as it was raining all day here, but spent a long time down there yesterday.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 20:08 »
It was lovely here, infact too hot by one o'clock, had to bring the children home as they were getting crispy in the sun  :D

that maybe a new variety for Walkers to try  :lol:

Beetroot queen

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 20:11 »

that maybe a new variety for Walkers to try  :lol:

They have tried every other flavour, Crispy child (my mouth is watering ) :blink:

Irene

• Experienced Member
    • Idaho Gardening
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 22:02 »
tontom:

Same here in West Cumbria. Yesterday was very nice. I was out in the garden until 9:45 p.m., taking a sip of wine, weeding, taking a sip of wine, push hoeing, taking a sip of wine, tidying...fabulous progress but thank goodness I only have to walk to the house.

JohnB47

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 23:39 »
could'nt get to the lottie today as it was raining all day here, but spent a long time down there yesterday.

Rain?

Hmmm, I've heard the old timers speak of that. Water coming from the sky eh? Nobody believes that. We all know it has to be taken from the downpipe and carried to the plants in a watering can.  :tongue2:

Christine

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 07:02 »
Friday was brilliant here, heatwave and summer. It was far too muggy to work on Saturday so I had the day off before I needed a day in the freezer. Caught up yesterday - 4.5 hours of weeding and tidying. Then it started to rain so came home and the rain did a proper job of raining. Yes tomtom it really does happen.  :lol:

Plottered

• Still on the same list!
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 07:41 »
courtesy of freecycle i had 50 2x2 concrete paving slabs to move last Friday when it was red hot. But its worth it for a freebie :)
R.I.P Bobby Smiler Smith......love you always little fella.

Babstreefern

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 10:04 »
We had gorgeous weather on Saturday - got sunkissed as my mum used to say :D  Weeded the onion/leek bed whilst my OH weeded the climbing french bean bed.  I also part weeded the strawberry bed.  Cut the last of my asparagus (will now let it grow :()

I went back to the lottie on Sunday to finish off the strawberry bed in between the rain showers.  I think its the end of the summer :(  Off on my jollies on Wednesday night (we go camping in France, and drive through the night to Dover).  No doubt, 2 weeks away, and the weeds will be higher than the veg, even though, at the moment, its weed free :nowink:
Babs

xx
Just had a great day.

Started by fatbelly on Grow Your Own

19 Replies
Last post February 02, 2008, 23:53
by mashauk
xx
A great new book

Started by Lynne on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post March 22, 2008, 18:07
by Swee'pea
xx
Great day at the Lottie

Started by fatbelly on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post March 30, 2009, 21:05
by peapod
xx
Great Strawbs!!

Started by Pompey Spud on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post June 29, 2011, 11:13
by TerryB

Page created in 0.486 seconds with 30 queries.