Why is my hen crowing??

• 18 Replies

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Why is my hen crowing??
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 10:08 »
my boys are with their girls all the time  :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

hillfooter

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2010, 12:28 »
If a person cannot sleep they like to find something to blame it on , guess who that would be. :D

Oh for sure, we already have the raised eyebrows at the chicken coops and the constant '3 minute walk the dog and tie the shoelaces' every time they think something is happening.  The joys of having a right of way down the middle.  I feel another hedge planting exercise coming on.  :D

I know exactly what you mean, when we were building our stables and menage the public footpath which passed close by was never so popular.  Usually with dog walking parish councillors who couldn't wait to spot an infringement of the planning rules so they'd have something to crow about!

Hedges will help, but as Joy says crowing cocks can be heard a good distance away.  Mine compete with my neighbours at the farm which is a good 200 metres away from their chickens but like many people in the country we don't find them a nuisance but a lovely natural sound.

HF
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 20:57 by hillfooter »
Truth through science.

Icklemonkey

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2010, 20:39 »
Wow, thanks for your response on this one!! She definitely is a hen and she's still laying! She hasn't crowed since that one time! It doesn't seem to be related to egg laying as she makes the 'normal' fuss once she's laid an egg. I wonder more and more if she was after some attention because she was standing right by the back door when she started!  I'll let you know if she starts crowing again!!

yellowmatress

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2010, 22:34 »
Our chicken adopted a very loud crowing noise at dawn for about 7 days whilst our other chicken was seperated from her and then died. She stopped the very day we got new chooks. I think she was calling for her friend. She'd never made that noise before.

xx
my hen is crowing!!!

Started by purplebat on The Hen House

16 Replies
Last post February 22, 2007, 19:52
by Aunt Sally
xx
Erm... my hen is crowing???

Started by neenyneen on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post November 14, 2011, 19:31
by neenyneen
xx
Crowing hen

Started by Beano on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post February 10, 2010, 09:34
by Beano
xx
crowing??

Started by sussexchook on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post November 17, 2011, 20:00
by evie2

Page created in 0.241 seconds with 29 queries.