Will I Never Learn?

• 3 Replies

Hey Jude

• Experienced Member
Will I Never Learn?
« on: June 02, 2010, 21:36 »
- to keep the name labels on my newly planted roses - I hate seeing labels still attached to stems, so I whip them off, totally convinced that I'll remember and when I get asked by someone who enthuses over them as to the variety, can I remember? err no, absolutely not and it makes me look such a numpty.................!

iggyboy

Re: Will I Never Learn?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 17:33 »
If you dont like labels on the plants, why not draw a plan of your garden either on paper on or your PC/Laptop. This way your can mark down all plants and after a little bit of a memory game with yourself, you should be able to rhyme off each plant in its place in your garden!  :D
...the night was dark...they usually are!

Hey Jude

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 21:27 »
Now, you see Iggy, I was doing soooo well with my planting plan (newly landscaped blank page garden.. lucky girl me!), and I planned properly and wrote down what was going where, took said plan and plants outside.......and completely ignored my plan (and took labels off), no hope with a written plan, even less chance with a computer!

Trillium

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 22:41 »
I usually carry a small bucket with marker pen and sticks to use as name tags. when the marker starts to fade I simply write it on again. Memory is such a fleeting thing that I don't trust myself with variety names, not when I've a great many of many things.

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 27 queries.