Tomato Sweet Million

• 6 Replies

yummy

Tomato Sweet Million
« on: June 16, 2007, 17:30 »
Can anybody please tell me whether this is a bush type tomato? I have looked at several websites but I am none the wiser. Perhaps someone here has grown them before?

Thanks

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
Tomato Sweet Million
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 17:45 »
It's a cordon variety.

Per Mr. Fothergills......

How to grow indoors: To grow in greenhouses, sow in trays of moist compost at 18C (65F). Plant out to individual pots when large enough to handle to reduce to about 15C (60F). Plant out in large pots or grow bags in late April and May. Provide sturdy support for the plants and pinch out the side shoots as they appear. Water daily and evenly and provide a liquid feed once the first trusses of flowers have set fruit.
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

yummy

Tomato Sweet Million
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 18:11 »
Thanks. Oops, I think all those tumbling looking truss things led me to think it was a tumbling one. I best go stop my friend before she puts them in hanging baskets  :lol:

Trillium

Tomato Sweet Million
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 20:05 »
I've grown both Sweet Million and Sweet 100 and both were large bush types for me. Loads of fruit off them. I simply haven't time to fuss with cordon pinching. Sorry Digger.

DD.

• Global Moderator
Tomato Sweet Million
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 20:20 »
Quote from: "Trillium"
I've grown both Sweet Million and Sweet 100 and both were large bush types for me. Loads of fruit off them. I simply haven't time to fuss with cordon pinching. Sorry Digger.

The question was 'Can anybody please tell me whether this is a bush type tomato?'

The answer is 'No'. :wink:

Trillium

Tomato Sweet Million
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 13:59 »
Guess it depends on our definitions of bush. Perhaps the varieties in the UK are different, but over here they're definitely bush with no pinching or whatever. In fact, the best yield comes from no pinching out of side shoots. From 3 plants, which grow to 1 M tall, I can supply all my neighbours.  :wink:

DD.

• Global Moderator
Tomato Sweet Million
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 14:27 »
I just quoted from the suppliers - they say pinch out the side shoots & who am I to argue?! :lol:

xx
sweet million toms help needed....

Started by Paul Rhodes on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post March 14, 2012, 16:46
by Paul Rhodes
xx
Sweet 100 F1 Tomato

Started by rutters on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post September 27, 2007, 12:02
by Durgan
xx
sweet tomato

Started by rowlandwells on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post November 01, 2017, 15:35
by Dr_Pepper
xx
Sweet Aperitif cherry tomato

Started by AnneB on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post September 11, 2016, 12:37
by Middlesexbloke

Page created in 0.61 seconds with 28 queries.