does anyone use ivermectin in lieu of flubenvet and frontline

• 9 Replies

grumpydad

does anyone here use ivermectin in lieu of trying to dose flubenvet and frontline.

i have been told that by using ivermectin, it is used the same as frontline, a drop on the back of the neck, but it will kill worms, gapeworm, and also mites.

anyone have any knowledge of this ?

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Yes, you can use Ivermectin Eprinex and Frontline on poultry but neither are licenced for poultry so there is an egg withdrawl period.

http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=4348.0

http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=5250.0
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 18:26 by Aunt Sally »

grumpydad

thanks, will give it a go.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
I forgot to say that you can never sell eggs once they have an medications not licenced for them  :(

Silly I know  ::)

grumpydad

lol, we now only have 1 chicken laying, the other one is poorly, we never sell the eggs anyway, we have never had enough, takes a week to get enough for an omlette

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Oh dear, poor you.  No wonder you're grumpy dad  ;)

I was also thinking of the 'millions' of other people who might read this topic  :lol:

grumpydad

we had just decided, last week to get some more chickens, as the 2 remaining seemed to be ok and healthy, now i dont know if we should.
maybe we should just call it a day.

lisa80

I feel so sorry for your situation :( have been reading your posts for a while .I would say dont give up,you seem to have had a really bad run of luck .If it was me i would hold out til you know where you are with the remaining 2 then get a couple more .From what ive read you really take good care of your girls  and have gone about things just the way you should.how about hatching yourself some chicks?i know you get the boys but also i think your less likely to have illness than with new birds you have bought in.you are in control of hygiene etc from hatch .Its what ive decided to do ,i know you have to wait longer for eggs but its well worth it .You could always hire an incy and im sure the lovely people on here would offer some eggs :Dby the time chicks go outside you would know where you are with your girls :D :D

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Oh dear Martyn, I would wait to see what the outcome is with the poorly one - is this the last one of your originals?
Staffies are softer than you think.

TeaPots

I have always used Ivermectin for my Polands, as they are quite notorious for getting mites, particularly crest mite. I found it worked well for me, but as with any prophylactic use of meds, you can never know if they would have had mite and/or worms anyway.  :tongue2:

xx
Egg withdrawal period for Frontline / Ivermectin

Started by splash101 on The Hen House

16 Replies
Last post April 16, 2013, 09:13
by joyfull
xx
Ivermectin

Started by flowerpot on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post July 12, 2010, 09:08
by flowerpot
question
ivermectin

Started by drumcrow on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post September 28, 2010, 19:00
by drumcrow
xx
ivermectin?

Started by oborne27 on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post June 05, 2010, 23:39
by TeaPots

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 32 queries.