spring has arrived in deepest suffolk !!!!!!!

• 7 Replies

rem858

« on: March 07, 2010, 16:18 »
its been fantastic dry sunny day in suffolk with a barmy 7degrees forgot what its like to be out in the fresh air digging away to my hearts content probably wont be able to stand up straight in the morning anybody ellse need radox ?

cissie

• Experienced Member
  • Every day in every way....it's just not working.
Re: spring has arrived in deepest suffolk !!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 16:29 »
Yes please Rem 858, it's lovely here in Birmingham, sunny dry, dug a bed over now i think i need one :D :D :D

Goosegirl

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 16:42 »
Turned over the soil on my raised beds a fortnight ago - had a facial sunbathe last week too. Broad beans coming on fine, onions very slow, sowed some peas and sugar snaps last week in guttering, planted my pansies out today, went for a gorgeous walk by the Lune estuary - having some wine now, had one of my own frozen corn on the cobs with ribs last night, having one of our own lamb chops tonight, two newborn lambs last Sunday and the other ewe due today but nothing yet - one of my ganders had a bite on my leg but they and the hens are in lay - and had just the BEST day...!   :D :D :D
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Hey Jude

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 19:20 »
I've worked muscles today that I'd forgotten existed - may well need a hoist in the morning to get out of bed!!

Trikidiki

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 21:40 »
......having one of our own lamb chops tonight, two newborn lambs last Sunday....

Blimey! You grow your anmals quickly in Lancaster.

Babstreefern

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 22:02 »
Absolutely gorgeous here in "sunny" Manchester :ohmy:, not one drop of rain :blush:.  Had a laugh though, I got an e-mail from my pal who lives in Arizona, and she says they've got rain, sleet and wind - this is the place that is usually around 70 in winter - the same usual temperature in our summer.  I'm going there in September, so I'm hoping for some hot weather.

I've been to the allotment.  Took my onions and leeks that I grew from seed.  Got some compost to start other seeds - I've got cabbages, sprouts, caulis, peppers, celeriac, kohl, aubergines, and some flowers, but ran out of compost before I could do my toms. :mad:

Had to water my carnivorous plants :blush: - they have to be kept damp over winter and virtually a bog garden in summer.  Its my first year of trying them, they are very hardy apparently - we shall see.  They should be kicking into life from about next month.
Babs

solway cropper

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 22:33 »

Don't count your chickens!! Winter has a nasty habit of biting back. Having said that, I had a full and very productive day in the garden. Prepared an asparagus bed and generally pottered in gentle spring sunshine. It's not as grim up north as some folks say  :)

Christine

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 07:32 »
There's been frost six nights out of the last seven here and there are still frost pockets on my plot that are not lifting properly till 2pm despite the bright, even warm sun in the day. It's still like having late December days at the moment except that the daylight is longer.

I'm not wasting time planting out till this cold spell gets itself well off my allotment. I might be late but I shan't be lost. It's only a pretend spring at the moment.  :lol:

And we had snow last Easter weekend which was mid March. Another week or so won't hurt as everything is ready to go down the plot.

xx
Spring Has Arrived......

Started by DD. on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post December 18, 2008, 14:52
by DD.
xx
Is anybody from Ipswich suffolk?

Started by halliwell on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post September 26, 2011, 21:56
by DD.
xx
It has arrived.... groan

Started by TheSpartacat on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post September 06, 2010, 13:17
by tosca100
xx
Strawberries Have Arrived - Help! :-O

Started by Auntiemogs on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post March 16, 2012, 21:12
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.41 seconds with 30 queries.