Geeses - Shes a he!

• 1 Replies

wildwitchy

Geeses - Shes a he!
« on: February 09, 2010, 14:54 »
I always thought i'd got a goose & gander. From when they little due to the colouring, one bigger than the other etc etc (didnt vent sex them).

Well Boycie is definatly a boy! known that for ages.  ;). He likes a cuddle & chats quietly to me. Reserved.

Marlene- She is always more agressive than boycie for some reason. Noisy,bolshe,attacks the dog,protective if i pick boycie up, not agressive with me though.

They were on the pond having a flap about & started jumping on each other. Marlene winning most times so boycie got out!

I was watching them & I noticed "something  :blink: come out of marlene a little bit at the rear end" not very obvious as boycie (I'm trying to be polite here).

Gawd- marlene is a gander! Sooooooo,

Do i get a female,if I do will they accept her? I was after goose eggs! Do I split them up and rehome one in favor of female?

???????? Any ideas anyone cos i'm as confused as my geese!  :blink:

I'm besotted with my geese but will they end up fighting the older they get due to hormones??? Boycie has started to pick the feathers out of his chest aswell???? I thought perhaps he was preparing a nest or something???

ruralczech

• Walnut Tree Farm B&B Blog
Re: Geeses - Shes a he!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 15:09 »
Ganders have been known to form single sex pair bonds and as geese (generally) pair for life you may have a problem with just introducing a female into an existing 'pair'. Geese can be quiet choosy at times about a partner and you may find that your 'pair' won't accept a new introduction. 

xx
Shes looking up =D

Started by WR1 on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post April 23, 2009, 21:30
by WR1
xx
not sure of shes sick

Started by karlooben on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post February 15, 2009, 18:23
by karlooben
xx
Help...shes rattles when she breathes

Started by needssomehelp on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post March 16, 2011, 06:51
by needssomehelp
xx
my female thinks shes a male???

Started by lisa123 on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post April 02, 2010, 22:29
by themagicaltoad1

Page created in 0.328 seconds with 36 queries.