Poorly/limping chook...

• 15 Replies

Arnfields

• Experienced Member
Re: Poorly/limping chook...
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 17:44 »
Well, it is now 5 days since Matilda started hobbling, and 4 since the visit to the vets and dare I say it, she seems to be a little better.
The limp is less pronounced today and she has pooped all round the spare bedroom/henspital (oh joy) so she is getting about a bit.  Her poop is more solid than wet which is a good sign tho it is still very green, and I mean green  :wacko: - like nuclear waste lol, and yellow too.  But like I say, is more often solid than wet so going in the right direction I think?! :unsure:
She was off her food somewhat for a couple of days but is catching up today, tinned plum toms are a favourite along with cucumber but only the soft middle bit, skin is far too much effort.  She has even eaten some boring old layers pellets and a bit of corn and was ripping into a samll lettuce earlier!   :D  I found some of OH's 'silver' drink thing in the fridge so she has had a teeny bit of that for last 2 days, along with some multivit drops I found in the local farm/feeds store.
Giving the antibiotic injections was quite tramatic - for me, not Tilly bless her, she has been such a good patient - only one more to give, Tuesday, fingers crossed she will be much better by then although we will have a trauma re-introducing her to the flock but that's another bridge for another day.
Hoping the next post will be a positive one, thanks for all your help/support :)
1 lovely hubby, 3 dogs, a bunny and 7 ex batts and a shiny new lottie!  (so far)

xx
Limping chook

Started by MRS PEPPER POT on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post January 15, 2011, 19:28
by bantam novice
sad
Another poorly chook

Started by Charlie's Chickens on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post August 30, 2011, 20:48
by Charlie's Chickens
xx
Help - poorly chook!

Started by Arnfields on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post October 26, 2009, 21:06
by judrop
xx
Poorly chook

Started by bygrace on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post February 02, 2012, 14:58
by viettaclark

Page created in 0.545 seconds with 30 queries.