my eggs

• 4 Replies

Feathers

my eggs
« on: January 24, 2010, 09:43 »
Hi guys -

On Friday we had our first egg (woo hoo) we let them out and when we checked there it was - it was warm too.  When we went out on Saturday morning to let them out there was another egg only this time cold, we figured it had been laid in the night by the same hen.  However within the hour "Popcorn" went in and laid an egg so that is 3 in 2 days.  Then this morning there was another cold one, and "Popcorn" is now sat in there laying another - Are these eggs from the same hen - that would be 5 in 3 days or is another one laying in the night and Popcorn in the morning??

Feathers

Re: my eggs
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 15:08 »
btt

browntrouty

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 15:57 »
I think other hens must be laying to. I am a novice and got 4 hens in september. I still cant figure out who lays what and often have eggs when i go in at 7am. so much for them not laying as much in winter, i get 3 every day. My hens do a funny crouch posture when i approach, my dad says this means they laying (it's the position for accepting Mr cockerel, if you have one!)

beulah59

• Experienced Member
    • Hen Keeper
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 16:31 »
I can't tell the difference between individual hen's eggs, but I can between the different breeds.
two daughters, nine hens, two goldfish, three cats ...

IMOmimey

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 20:47 »
 A  hens eggs are always the same, if its got a blemish/crease/lump/coloured speckle on it, it every egg she lays will look the same (NOT counting the teensy ones when they are new to laying, or soft shelled if they lack calcium), so you can usually put 2 eggs side by side and see if they have been laid by the same girlie.  It is unlikely that any are laying twice in succession on the same day, so it sounds like another girl is laying for you.  :D

We have one hen that lays around 5pm every day, but most of mine lay between 8 and 12 noon.  :D

Pets:if you don't love them like family, don't have them

Page created in 0.515 seconds with 28 queries.