right!!!!

• 2 Replies

pawsnclaws

• Experienced Member
    • my web site
right!!!!
« on: January 23, 2010, 16:05 »
i am trying to work out in me head how much of stuff i will need and want to grow for example if i want 10 cauliflowers how long do they last in the ground once they have grown or should i plant a few the a few a couple of weeks later

Goosegirl

Re: right!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 16:25 »
I would go for successional sowings of veg to avoid a glut. I would sow some of a particular variety then again about at least a month later - any sooner and they will catch up.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: right!!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 17:04 »
You need to take into account how long each crop takes to grow to maturity.

For instance, salad leaves should be ready in 4-6 weeks so you can definitely get in at least 3-4 sowings in the average year. Sweetcorn on the other hand needs nearly all of our great British summer to grow and ripen so later sowings would probably run out of time.

Others are probably in between; for example you can extend your picking season for runner beans by staggering sowings by a month or so.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Page created in 0.998 seconds with 29 queries.