Thanks - on 3 counts .. now, POPHOLE openers

• 1 Replies

chooksbury

Thanks - on 3 counts .. now, POPHOLE openers
« on: November 25, 2009, 21:29 »
 ::)  At last !  Our girls took themselves off to bed by themselves for the 2nd time tonight ..I think (hope) they've got the hang of it now.  It seems to have improved since getting the Lenham house .. I think perhaps the other one though solid and perfectly adequate, still wasn't quite what they would prefer.Anyway, thats another box to tick  (thanks to your advice) as we've now got them playing "nice", eating their greens and going to bed..

Ive trawled through many threads on here looking at the subject of pophole openers.. and am still undecided.   It appears that the general consensus is once you get them adjusted, they're a godsend; perhaps more so in the summer months when the girls may be ready to get up at 4am but you may not be ! I'd appreciate any feedback on this you can give.  What success have you had with the DIY solutions ?

ehs284

Re: Thanks - on 3 counts .. now, POPHOLE openers
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 14:13 »
I'm in the process of constructing a pop-hole opener which uses a kit photocell (Maplin) and a car radio aerial. If you Google you'll find a few people who have done this. Some leave the aerial and fix it to the door; I've opened the motor and use the nylon band as the mover. Seems to work, but haven't had time to adjust properly with the recent weather. Best of luck.

xx
Pophole openers!

Started by stevefitz5 on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post June 25, 2010, 20:32
by Bogof
xx
mcco 2 - what counts as day 1

Started by mcco2 on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post October 22, 2016, 23:38
by grinling
xx
How big should the pophole be?

Started by Pullet on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post April 02, 2009, 15:13
by Pullet
xx
Non-auto pop hole openers

Started by Mossley on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post August 31, 2010, 14:03
by Hayley'sHens

Page created in 0.327 seconds with 30 queries.