indian runner ducks

• 5 Replies

Bobbie

indian runner ducks
« on: August 30, 2009, 18:08 »
Has anyone got runner ducks, if so what is their temperament like, and do they make good pets?
Bobbie

matilda duck

Re: indian runner ducks
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 20:23 »
I have 3 runner ducks!  When you say do they make good pets in what respect?  They are fantastic ducks and I wouldn't be without mine ;)

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 21:16 »
My 3 little runners are only just coming up 2 wks old so cant comment on grown ups! they do run up to the side when i go in the lounge in the morning and peep at me standing on tippy toes  :wub:, hubby thinks they are gonna be trouble! running all over the place!  :lol:  they get little spurts of energy and run up and down their brooder!  :lol:
All ducks are lovely  :happy:

Debbie
thinks her guardian angel`s gone on strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rubellite

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 21:43 »
I have two at 7 weeks and two at nearly two weeks. The older ones can be very noisy and all four poo a lot, that's muck out twice a day, a lot, and still can't seem to keep them clean. Not that they care, you understand  :lol: Having said that they are great fun  ::)

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 21:51 »
Have a few different breeds of ducks but not runners (thinking about them though!). From what I hear they are noisier than many breeds (not too many quiet ducks about though) and more nervous and skittish than many breeds. Not many ducks are cuddly and like being picked up like many people's chickens so if that is what you want then they are probably not the the pet for you. They are however, endlessly amusing and great fun. I wouldn't be without my ducks.
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

Foxy

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 21:51 »
Runners are highly active and busy ducks, and do like a bit of space, a lot more than chooks do. They aren't naturally friendly, and can be highly strung. Saying that some with a lot of time can take food from your hands.
Think carefully before geting runners, if you think chooks can trash a garden, you aint seen nothing yet!!!! :ohmy: :D

xx
indian runner ducks

Started by maggiemay on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post December 16, 2015, 13:47
by tosca100
xx
Indian Runner Ducks

Started by Viv on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post March 23, 2008, 06:23
by james419
xx
Indian Runner Ducks

Started by spot on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post March 04, 2007, 11:28
by WG.
xx
Indian Runner ducks

Started by Carshay on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post October 21, 2011, 13:15
by Lewjam

Page created in 0.413 seconds with 28 queries.