got another rotavator

• 27 Replies

philskin

got another rotavator
« on: July 26, 2009, 14:10 »
You're not going to believe this but I've just finished on the phone and have been given another rotavator!  All I know is that it is a driven Bantam if that makes any sense to the wise ones on here.  Will pick up on Wednesday so prepare for more pics and questions and Gwiz, cancel your hols, I need you.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 10:27 by philskin »
If the early bird gets the worm how come the 2nd mouse to the trap gets the cheese ??

Trillium

Re: got another rotavator
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 16:39 »
You're going to need another shed to store all these free rotovators, Phil  :D

philskin

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 18:03 »
You're going to need another shed to store all these free rotovators, Phil  :D

thinking of taking the wifes shed back lol

Gwiz

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 18:20 »
You can only use one at a time, Phil!
I'm here, I don't know much about very old machines, but if I can help I will, and I'm sure that Dorimower will know a bit about them as well! :)

philskin

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 18:48 »
You can only use one at a time, Phil!
I'm here, I don't know much about very old machines, but if I can help I will, and I'm sure that Dorimower will know a bit about them as well! :)

i just enjoyed doing the wolseley that much i thought i would try another one , yes her indoors says im mad as well

philskin

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 18:50 »
a question for dorri does the handle come off fairly easy or is it major surgery ,its just ive only got a mondeo and if i can get the handle of it will be easier to transport when i collect her
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 10:28 by philskin »

dorimower

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 20:38 »
Oh...another rotavator :);)....but unfortunately one I know absolutely nothing about at all :ohmy: :unsure: :blush: ;)

My collection escalated the other day too and thus for a few days I had 2 boxes stood in the hallway near the kitchen door with Merry Tiller lawn tines in :ohmy: ;)

"Dori"

philskin

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 08:34 »
i reckon we should have a rotavator museam section on here with all the pictures of everyones machines ,that would be really interesting and a good quick visuall reference for everyone interested

Bigbadfrankie

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 20:32 »
I have two old bantams as a ongoing prodject which has been running for  for a long time now.
always have a target
and an objective.

philskin

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 21:47 »
I have two old bantams as a ongoing prodject which has been running for  for a long time now.
   what  problems can i expect then frankie ,i spoke to the chap last night and he says it was running 5 yrs ago when it was put in the stable he went to it saturday and he said the fuel tank stank like paint oh er

Bigbadfrankie

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 22:21 »
Parts are rare and expensive. I have two or three engines (originals) but I intend to replace them with a modern engine. I also have a 200 complete but Knackered. Water ran out of the gear box !!!
I think this will be a more challenging project than the Wizard. Should keep you busy for at least two weeks.

philskin

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 15:24 »
Parts are rare and expensive. I have two or three engines (originals) but I intend to replace them with a modern engine. I also have a 200 complete but Knackered. Water ran out of the gear box !!!
I think this will be a more challenging project than the Wizard. Should keep you busy for at least two weeks.

ha ha me thinks it will take longer than three weeks ,hope you havent got a holiday planned i need your assistance lol :D :D :D :D

philskin

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 12:30 »
change of plan picked the rotavator up last night and i think it needs quiet a bit of work  ,if frankie is about can you please tell me whats missing

i think that there should be something on the front end ,perhaps weights or something and i think the engine has been replaced because i think its a briggs and stratton engine on it not the villiers as i was told

ive got the 2 rods for here ,i took them of so i could take the handle of for ease of transport

tyres look good tines look good its just the rest of it lol

Bigbadfrankie

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 21:10 »
Gosh  ???
thats only half a bantam and half imagination, the engine should be lower and infront of the wheels.
Mind you its a good bit shorter and more able to get into the corners and headlands.
The engine also has a reduction gear box on it. And its A B&S i think. Have a look at the operators manual in the info pages on this site. The gear levers are truncated as well.
Bigger prodject than the Wizard  :D

philskin

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2009, 21:42 »
Gosh  ???
thats only half a bantam and half imagination, the engine should be lower and infront of the wheels.
Mind you its a good bit shorter and more able to get into the corners and headlands.
The engine also has a reduction gear box on it. And its A B&S i think. Have a look at the operators manual in the info pages on this site. The gear levers are truncated as well.
Bigger prodject than the Wizard  :D

one hell of a bigger project without going back to the villiers do you think its a viable project or am i fooling myself
it is a b s engine and im still working out the pulleys etc ,but what is your genuine opinion , time isnt a problem but cash is

xx
M1 ROTAVATOR

Started by bert on Equipment Shed

11 Replies
Last post May 13, 2007, 13:29
by Bigbadfrankie
xx
rotavator

Started by petehenry on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post April 21, 2009, 22:38
by Kristen
xx
More rotavator help please

Started by richyrich7 on Equipment Shed

21 Replies
Last post May 11, 2007, 14:23
by LILACSPLASH
xx
rotavator

Started by johnys on Equipment Shed

7 Replies
Last post February 12, 2010, 19:34
by BostonInbred

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 31 queries.