Allotment Planning?

• 3 Replies

MarkBrad

Allotment Planning?
« on: July 13, 2009, 15:15 »
Hi,

As you might have seen from my introduction post I've submitted an application for a plot but planning a long wait until one comes up!

In the meantime I'd like to get an idea into if I should be planning before hand? I'm guessing that most of this is going to down to what the plot is going to be like and what I'm planning to grow. Well, I'm all new to this so bear with me.

I want to use the plot for veg and perhaps a bit of fruit. Nothing adventurous, 'easy'  ;) and reliable stuff really at least until I get used to playing at being 'Tom Goode'. But if and when I get my plot, even before putting spade to earth should I be planning a layout? Walk ways? What not to plant next to what? etc

I know it's very much pie in the sky until I actually get a plot but would like to have some sort of plan in place before the day finally arrives.

Cheers

Mark

Beetroot queen

Re: Allotment Planning?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 15:18 »
Until you get a plot you wont know the size, whether its on a hill or flat, etc etc all things to be looked at. maybe in the mean time you could try some bits at home, if you have space.

I was told I had a long wait for a second plot and the letter came on friday only 3 months after listing for one. No-one has used the plot inbetween except the weeds, I wish they had told me sooner  ::)

MarkBrad

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 15:30 »
maybe in the mean time you could try some bits at home, if you have space.

I'd love too but my lovely wife has banned anything remotely vegatable looking in the garden  :( Hence the plot.

Oh well, thanks, I guess I'll just have to wait. Although in my complete newbie state I guess there is plenty of reading I could do in the meantime!

Cheers!

Mark

Beetroot queen

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 15:36 »
Give her six month from you getting a plot and I bet she will be calling it "her plot" LOL of course our first one now nearly finished is "MY plot" and the one just started is "his plot " :lol:

xx
Planning the allotment

Started by Robert_S on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post May 13, 2011, 09:31
by Robert_S
xx
Planning the allotment

Started by shay on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post January 15, 2008, 16:58
by brucesgirl
xx
Allotment planning

Started by bean_queen on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post July 23, 2008, 19:31
by Elcie
xx
New Allotment - Planning help!

Started by richiechivz on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post March 04, 2008, 18:43
by StEdmund

Page created in 0.705 seconds with 28 queries.