Am I being too fussy ?

• 20 Replies

beansticks

Re: Am I being too fussy ?
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2009, 20:57 »
I have grown Pentland Javelin for the first time this year,Fantastic taste good yield.Last year grew International Kidney and was very pleased.Ilike to try a different first early/2nd early each year.Next year i plan to try Lady Cristal

barney rubble

• We are Barney and Rubble and we love digging
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2009, 21:00 »
A past thread on IK's.

About 6 dissatisfied customers.

http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=29177.15
I have grown Pentland Javelin for the first time this year,Fantastic taste good yield.Last year grew International Kidney and was very pleased.Ilike to try a different first early/2nd early each year.Next year i plan to try Lady Cristal

Oh well , as we can see, lots of different opinions, which is always good. The choice, as they say , is yours!

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2009, 21:01 »
Like beansticks, I like to try different varieties, but I always grow PJ's as a fall back!
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

Jay Dubya

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2009, 20:52 »
Hi, isn't it funny i grew javalin last year and they were rubish, this year i grew pilot and they're great good yeild and tasty. I also agree charlotte is a great tasting tatty although its a second early, or salad spud.

Janeymiddlewife

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2009, 22:16 »
Hiya - it was me _ I confess - about the seaweed   :wub: - half joking, but seaweed does have some good nutrients in. Only problem is I have lost my planting list, so apart from the Red Duke of York which are obvious, I haven't yet dug anything that resembles a kidney shaped spud  :D , so not sure if they're one of the rows I haven't dug yet, or they've changed shape, or quite what I've done. The spuds I've dug up are OK, but I got a mild telling off from one of the old boys tonight about my impatience - they would have grown "a lot bigger" if I'd left them.
The one's I have dug are either IK, Arran Pilot or Wilja - all new potato size. Next year I'd like to try some pink Fir apple.
Sooooooo - can't really help I'm afraid!

Lardman

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2009, 23:12 »
I'd like to add another thumbs down for IK. Found them very tasteless - theres 1/2 a pot of badly scabbed ones left that I just can't be bothered with.   My Pentland Javelin have a much better taste.

Page created in 1.287 seconds with 29 queries.