What to have next?

• 3 Replies

danmegal

What to have next?
« on: May 27, 2009, 13:49 »
Really fancy increasing my hen numbers but don't know what breed to go for? What would be the best for going broody so that next year I could possibly hatch some of my own?

poppies

Re: What to have next?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 14:46 »
Hi
I find my silkies and cochins are the most reliable broodies , I also have a little white pekin who is semi broody - cant trust her with real eggs yet though

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 14:49 »
have heard banty silkies are brilliant broodies, go broody at the drop of a hat (or should that be drop of an egg  :D )although I have just had a cuckoo maran sitting on some bantam eggs, and she was excellent. Now got a blackrock sitting on a dozen copper black maran eggs, fingers crossed she sits tight so far so good (being a hybrid not all do).
When my banties are a bit older depending on what sex they are and where you are I could let you have a couple - not silkies but feather booted!!
Staffies are softer than you think.

danmegal

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 20:57 »
Thanks for the offer joyful but in worcestershire and don't drive so prob too far away! Was thinking silkies but don't think the OH was too keen (not manly enough apparently). Think I might go for some light sussex bantams as that was the plan originally, just need to find some near me at the right price!

Page created in 0.247 seconds with 31 queries.