please may i have advice

• 10 Replies

karlooben

please may i have advice
« on: May 10, 2009, 20:19 »
hello everyone i dont always come on this side of the site but i would like to share this with you all and also know if anyone else has dealt with this or similar .

the year before last  i managed to get a greenhouse for my plot for a good price so i started to erect it and half way though a neighbour who was once good freinds decided it was blocking her view from her kitchen window so instead of asking me politly to move it she instead sent me a really nasty letter threatening me an my family with court for blocking her scenic veiw , well  my plot is behind her garden which like mine backs onto our site but in total the grenhouse is about 130 foot away from her window , the only view she does have is some old knackered grape vines that dont really get looked after an trees that her on the border of the cementry at the far end of the site .

we had to have the council bosses out an although they were laughing at her and the letter we decided to move the greenhouse in towards the middle of my plot about 2 foot , but recently i sold that greenhouse and now i want to get another one but this new one will  be polycarbonate glass so unlike the pvc corrugated there will not be loads of gaps in it so the slugs an snails should be kept out { i hope } , is there a law on where you can place things on your plot i.e greenhouses sheds etc , as far as i am concerned you can put things were you please .
the last time there was talk of getting the E.A  out to asses the situation about having a veiw but that could turn nasty for about 15 plot holders as we all use our back garden gates for entry even though we are not meant to . but i have also been told your not entitled to a veiw from your house .

i would like to know if anyone has dealt with this sort of thing in the past ?

as for why this neighbour turned nasty agaisnt my family is still unknown but i know where it started i just cant get to the bottom of it .
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

poultrygeist

Re: please may i have advice
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 20:26 »
Hi Looby.

As far as I know, the woman is just being awkward and has no legs to stand on. The fact that the council reps laughed last time tells you all you need to know.

If you get any nastiness, you can consult a solicitor, depending on what she says or does. You shouldn't be harrased for going about your business within the rules. I would place it where you want it and not worry about her.

Funnily enough, I added a website to the useful links list
www.gardenlaw.co.uk

They may be able to advise you but make sure you come back and let us know any answers. :D

Rob 8)

karlooben

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 20:40 »
cheers rob .  i wont be bowing down to this woman no more i have tried breaking the ice an got no where we are waiting for the council to call us tomorw as someone else there has said theres nothing in the rules about were things can be  built etc.

Salmo

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 22:01 »
As far as I know you have a right to light but no right to a view. 130 ft away has no chance.  Hopefully the Council will sort it for you.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 22:35 »
I think Salmo and others are right in all respects.

As for the location on the plot of the greenhouse, a few sites set it out in the tenancies that sheds etc can only be at one end of the plot.  If yours is silent on that point I can't see a reason for you not to put it where you want.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

karlooben

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 06:14 »
i know about the blocking out of light rules etc but as far as i know thats if the object is within 20 foot of the house , but as for my greenhouse blocking a scenic view is well very laughable ,i have tried putting a pic up but the file is to big .
will post back later an let you know what the council say .

all ppl on my plot have placed sheds greenhouses etc in corners of thier plots so they dont lose much space and thats where mine was and will be going back

Faz

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 07:12 »
I agree that if the council say there is no problem then there is no need to worry. Just to clarify - the EA have no authority over the view from someone's property, this would be a purely council matter.

karlooben

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 19:45 »
i have heard back from the council and they have said put the greenhouse where i like and bascailly its tough if this woman kicks of again  :D.

FRUITFULL

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 07:29 »
Thats great news  :D good on the council  :D

matron

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 07:46 »
Definitely no right to a view. A developer wanted to build houses in the field at the bottom of our garden and that would have meant that instead of rolling hills I would have been looking at a gable end. The garden is only about 40 foot long so it would have had a real impact. Fortunately Peak Park didn't want it either  :tongue2:

karlooben

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 20:59 »
that would of been horrible for u matron  :( glad that aint happening .

well we brought the greenhouse this morning and i am 3/4 way though erecting it  { so so wish i had a man in my life  :lol: :lol: } i am now stuck with the roof but once thats up tomorw an the polycarbonate is on its all finished  :D , thing is i havent put  it in the way of her scenic view instead i placed the greenhouse in the centre of my plot and now to block her veiw i am going to be soooooooooooo wicked , i will be building a fruit cage an a lovely freen buildings windbreaker mesh will be going round half of it to protect my plants hehehehehe an thats all she will see from her window a green net  :lol: :lol: :lol: aint i cruel .

xx
Ideas/Advice,please

Started by chillifandave on General Gardening

8 Replies
Last post July 28, 2013, 15:46
by devonbarmygardener
xx
More Rose advice please

Started by Brad26 on General Gardening

4 Replies
Last post March 09, 2021, 08:20
by Brad26
xx
Clematis advice please

Started by AlaninCarlisle on General Gardening

2 Replies
Last post May 21, 2019, 10:28
by mrs bouquet
xx
hedging advice please

Started by evie2 on General Gardening

6 Replies
Last post November 29, 2013, 18:59
by evie2

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 27 queries.