advice needed for poorly pullet

• 2 Replies

Sue33

advice needed for poorly pullet
« on: May 05, 2009, 12:13 »

one of my chooks, about 19/20 weeks old now is a bit poorly, she;s the last one to come out in the morning and for the last two days hasn't been her normal self, I have seen her drink but not eat anything and spent most of the day under the coup away from the other girls.   Well, last night I put her on my lap and offered her some feed which she refused at first but then started to peck at and finally got the taste for it and ate loads.  She was sitting on my lap quite happily and scoffing away when she pooped a really bright yellow poop  :ohmy: I'm thinking maybe this was the yolk of an egg? She isn't laying yet so maybe this was the first  ???  had a look through the poo pictures and couldn't see anything the same.  She came out this morning and had a drink but again no feed and went to sit under the coop.  Plan is to feed her myself tonight if she still looks under the weather, any suggestions please  :(  I'm going to see if I can get some apple cider vinegar at shops lunchtime, just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing..........

compostqueen

Re: advice needed for poorly pullet
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 13:17 »
You need apple cider vinegar from the pet shop or poultry supply place as it's different to the stuff in the supermarkets. They call it "rough" or unfettered which means it contains the important bits - important to your chooks that is  :)

You just add a small splash to their water container.  I use about 1/4 teaspoon per full drinker

Keep an eye on your bird and take her to the vet if she doesn't pick up

Sue33

Re: advice needed for poorly pullet
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 14:04 »

oh no, I've just bought some Aspall's organic cyder vinegar from Sainsbury's  ???

xx
Poorly ex-bat, advice needed!

Started by princesslisabean on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post September 11, 2010, 22:16
by bantam novice
xx
Poorly chook...please, advice needed!

Started by chookchick74 on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post March 06, 2010, 17:10
by dizzylizzie
xx
Help - Poorly chuck Advice Needed

Started by tinaq on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post August 13, 2009, 21:14
by Aunt Sally
xx
Advice needed for poorly chicken

Started by KarlandSue on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post July 05, 2010, 20:45
by KarlandSue

Page created in 1.912 seconds with 30 queries.