Shutting Hens Away

• 20 Replies

compostqueen

Re: Shutting Hens Away
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2009, 15:00 »
I have funny neighbours on one side so I have to get up when they start their din (which they always do) at first light  ::), make a cuppa and go back to bed. I hate putting my bare feet into my cold clogs  :D

Caralou

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2009, 18:46 »
I have wonderful neighbours. James on one side loves the girls and has no problem with their noise, he gets eggs each week which more than compensates. The old lady on the other side is slightly deaf so can't hear them anyway. Over the field they have ducks, goats, chooks and a cockerel so noise wise I'm positively well behaved with just the chooks screaching at 5:30! I just hope the lady next door doesn't move out as the girls can on occassion manage to escape into her garden and I wonder if a new owner would be as obliging for me climbing over to collect them!

danmegal

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2009, 20:01 »
Think if I had one of those auto openers the neighbours would miss seeing me walk down the garden in my pj's and wellies first thing in the morning! Such a great start to the day my chickens always say good morning!

dianemk73

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2009, 20:55 »
My run is fully secure so I leave the pop hole open. When building a run if you continue with the chicken wire down to the ground and extend it 18 inches outwards a should stop foxes

HENrietta

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2009, 22:21 »
 :ohmy: Have just read that rats may get in the hen house if poop holes are left open, can they hurt my girls. We thought with the weather getting better we would do what we did last year! ??? Also before any of you ask NO a fox can not get in and i know for sure as at the begining of the year i lost a newbie from her sticking her head out of the fence and all that was left was her poor little bod :( :( :(. :unsure:  :(  Dont worry we have put extra mesh around now and the swine can't get in now.  :) :) :)

But will the rats be harmful?

Thanks HEN.
Live, Love and Laugh!

bluemaran

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2009, 22:32 »
 go with your instincts on this one.You obviously care about your chucks so keep them as safe as possible

xx
shutting hens in for the night

Started by SJB on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post April 17, 2009, 17:15
by cathangirl
xx
Opening and shutting Hen Coop

Started by Boxfanman on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post July 16, 2008, 10:39
by compostqueen
xx
Which hens for our broody? Need good layers and hardy hens, - which to choose

Started by sarahkk on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post February 18, 2011, 12:24
by sarahkk
xx
Introducing new hens to freerange hens

Started by Oliveview on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post February 02, 2008, 18:50
by mdueal

Page created in 0.298 seconds with 36 queries.