Just Got Our First Plot

• 9 Replies

BazTheGardener

Just Got Our First Plot
« on: April 17, 2009, 17:45 »
Looks like I've got a lot of work ahead.

There are a lot of weeds under the sheeting as it lets light through.

But little bye little we'll getr there.

First Time Veg grower

jonny_tinslecat

Re: Just Got Our First Plot
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 18:13 »
looks like youve got a good little plot there - is the greenhouse and shed yours?

if you've got kids, arm them with a pair of scissors, and get them lopping the tops off those dandilions asap! it will be invaluable in the longrun!
my dad used to pay us 2p a head for them! (not sure what the current going rate is!?!
Life is a Garden...........................................Dig it!

peapod

• Pea Goddess
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 18:18 »
I was  :ohmy: at your dandelions!  Lots of work and I hope that tree doesnt cause too much of a pain.  Enjoy the setting up!
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

Celery

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 18:23 »
You have got some dadelions there,I have sime near me because the plot owner does not attend.
I have removed all the flowers so they don't run to seed.
                                                                                     celery :)

BazTheGardener

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 19:04 »
The green house and shed are ours. The trees cause a problem to the rear of the grrenhouse but will use this for compost heap maybe. It gets sun until about 4pm. but have lots to do before I get to that problem.

peanut

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 19:21 »
Good luck with it all Baz.  We've got our first plot this year and it has been a lot of hard but very rewarding work so far.

http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=34602.0

check out our photos here.

Looks like your neighbour on the left is a very organised person, could be a valuable source of info.  Happy growing.
Plot 11L Woodhall allotments, Chelmsford, Essex. 

It's against the law in Australia to fornicate with a kangaroo.................unless you are drunk!!!  Otherwise, it'd be disgusting :@

woodburner

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 21:07 »
I've just found out you can eat dandelion flowers! I already knew you can blanch the plant itself and eat it like endive, and the root, well, between your dandelions and my burdocks, I reckon we could start up a business.  :nowink:  :D
I demand the right to buy seed of varieties that are not "distinct, uniform and stable".

Elcie

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 22:19 »
Congratulations it looks like a great plot and lucky you with a greenhouse and shed too!  Take it slowly and enjoy it as much as you can.  My best piece of advice would be to clear a little bit and plant something in there that is quick (eg radish or salad leaves) so that you can really see something growing!

Jeanieblue

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2009, 10:44 »
looks like youve got a good little plot there - is the greenhouse and shed yours?

if you've got kids, arm them with a pair of scissors, and get them lopping the tops off those dandilions asap! it will be invaluable in the longrun!
my dad used to pay us 2p a head for them! (not sure what the current going rate is!?!

I'll come and dehead them for you for 5p a head  ......... won't even cost you my fare cos I'll use me bus pass  - and you can keep the heads to make wine .... which will make that plot look better and better the more glasses you have !!!!!  :D :D :D
Still glowing, still growing, still going strong!

cudders

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2009, 13:40 »
Congratz!

Thats's a very nice looking plot. Trust me that'll be fairly easy to sort unlike mine that resembled a council tip! (Still load to do  >:( )

Good luck and keep us informed of progress!

Cudders

xx
my plot - new growers plot thanks to advice from you all

Started by pookey on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post July 22, 2007, 19:23
by brucesgirl
xx
My First Plot - Plot 21 is confirmed

Started by SCassin on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post September 12, 2013, 15:04
by Yorkie
xx
new plot

Started by 101 on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post March 02, 2006, 17:13
by John
xx
Feb take-over of new plot

Started by rw3272 on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post December 09, 2009, 10:51
by rw3272

Page created in 0.571 seconds with 31 queries.