Can anyone ID this for me please?

• 31 Replies

Ice

• muck spreader
Re: Can anyone ID this for me please?
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2009, 22:16 »
Yup, it is amanitas muscaria.  My advice, as others have said is to never eat any fungi unless you are with an expert or have experience in identifying.  Most are fine, some can make you very sick and others can make you very dead as there is no antidote.
Cheese makes everything better.

argaric

Re: Can anyone ID this for me please?
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2009, 10:14 »
Always glad to share what I know about funghi (and what I don't) and you are right Teen76 I have the same worries about what people learn from these television shows.

I always have people turning up to the funghi forays that I run or help out on who bring along funghi they found cos they look like the ones they had seen being picked on telly, most of the time they get it wrong.

Luckily the percentage of nasty funghi is small compared to the overall amount  :)

I just found my first of the season St Georges Mushroom which is wonderful to eat and easily identified when you know what to look for.

Well done for identifying the avatar, not a magic mushroom but the skin does contain a compound that produces effects similar to the magic mushroom. Some accounts tell that Lapland shaman used to feed the dried skins to reindeer and then collect and distill their urine and drink it and then proclaim that they have had visions (no suprise really).

Regards,
  Argaric

Page created in 0.442 seconds with 30 queries.