Sudden and rapid demise of tomato seedlings

• 17 Replies

Trillium

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2007, 23:28 »
Digger, planting toms now for moving on to the greenhouse is fine - if you've got one. Same with enough windows, let alone sunny ones. Yummy might not have the amount of windows you do and it doesn't sound as if there's a greenhouse either. I suspect some folks are working with 1, possibly 2, windows to start things. So, please don't discount some things so quickly   :wink:

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2007, 07:22 »
Can't see where I've discounted anything, I've merely re-posted how I go on with my tomatoes. That method may not suit the poster - they don't have to use it, but they may be able to adapt bits to suit themselves.

Yummy asked a question, we've had a go at answering it. Not much point Yummy re-sowing & the same thing happening again, just because we sat here, keyboards silent, lest we got criticised for answering.
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

yummy

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2007, 17:23 »
Cheers everyone for the advice.

I only planted them because it said it was ok on the packet. I'm a novice and didn't know any different really. But then I guess you learn from your mistakes. Won't do it so early next year.

Yeah I only have a couple of windows where the seeds will be safe from the dogs noses/gobs  :lol: and we don't have a greenhouse yet either. I did start on windowsil last time but they went really leggy. Mind you I didn't know about the ally foil trick back then until someone on here told me about it.

I still have 10 plants that look to be growing strong at the moment and hopefully they will stay that way. If not then I have a packet of gardeners delight and I will try again with those in a couple of weeks.

xx
Cauliflower Seedlings Demise

Started by BARNACLE BILL on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post May 01, 2014, 21:19
by al78
xx
Very sudden wilting of Purple Ukraine tomato

Started by Subversive_plot on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post June 30, 2023, 18:44
by mumofstig
xx
tomato seedlings

Started by AmandaLouise on Grow Your Own

27 Replies
Last post February 28, 2012, 22:14
by Auntiemogs
xx
Tomato seedlings

Started by wendycas on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post June 03, 2013, 13:44
by Beetroot queen

Page created in 0.878 seconds with 36 queries.