Help! Poorly new chicken

• 60 Replies

nicchick

• Experienced Member
Re: Help! Poorly new chicken
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2009, 21:24 »
Hi, I also do hands on healing. A lot of the time people do it without realising  they are channelling spiritual energy.
I also hope Maybelle hasn't been put off chicken keeping. We have had a fairly stressful month due to getting some ex-bats and one of our other girls having an impacted crop. In the grand scheme of things it is a tiny proportion of the fun and relaxation that we have enjoyed as well as the eggs! Nic.
P.S. Hope this hasn't made me sound like a hippy wierdo!

shiatsusu

« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2009, 09:55 »
You're in good company nic  ;) Healing is touch really so we can all do it if we choose. Maybelle have you got any more news for us? Been thinking about you and hoping things have calmed down a bit.  :)

Maybelle

• 4 Hens, Dog, Cat, Tortoise, Fishies, 2 Teenagers!
    • www.pecostudios.com
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2009, 17:17 »
Hi all of you.  Sorry I've taken a while to come on n talk, but been a bit manic.  Here's the update - and you'll probably say I am mad.  Yesterday morning, we returned all three hens to the supplier - which was horrible, and I was a right wuss.  Supplier says she is going to monitor them. Went for swift pint after! Spent afternoon stripping Eglu, feeders and everthing else and disinfecting with Jeyes Fluid and leaving in the fresh air to dry.  Tea time (and here's the mad bit) we drove to another supplier and came home at 7pm with 3 new hens.  Hope I haven't rushed it, but figured the Eglu being plastic, it will hopefully have cleaned well.  We also re-sighted the Eglu on a clean patch of the garden, well away from where it previously was.  Put hens quietly in to roost and this morning fed/watered them and have left them pretty much alone today, as want them to settle in gradually.  They all look fine.  A long post I know.  Will let you know how it goes.  Thanks to all of you for your support and encouragement.  :happy: happy but apaprehensive  :unsure: x

poultrygeist

« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2009, 17:38 »
 :lol:

You're obviously a gambler !!  :D  ...but don't blame you.

It would be really bad luck to get done twice. :unsure:

I'm sure they'll be fine for you and we'll be laughing at all their antics over the months. There's somethign missing though. Now, what is it ?
Eerrrrmmmm.

Oh yes. That's it.

PHOTOS !!!!!

Rob 8)

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2009, 18:47 »
Good luck with the new girls Maybelle  :D

The eglu will be fine and clean I'm sure so I'd be confident that you woun't have the same problem again !!!

Hawkins

« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2009, 19:02 »
congrats Maybelle, I know you have had a rough time but I think you have done the right things.

Hope the new girls are settling and yes pics please.
Em  

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Vember

« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2009, 19:02 »
Ahhhh so pleased you got some more :)

Would love to see some pics too :D

Sarah :)

shiatsusu

« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2009, 19:24 »
Super news Maybelle, well done you. And as Rob says... PHOTOGRAPHS TOMORROW PLEASE!! Then we can all admire the new girls and say welcome to their new home properly ::)

andreadon

• My Diary
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2009, 22:08 »
yeay!
well done for moving the eglu too; that'll help replenish the bad patch (if it's infected, which it might not be... actually, just in case it is, probably best to fence it off for a couple of weeks)
and yes, it is later now, but first thing in the morning we want photos.
 :D

Maybelle

• www.pecostudios.com
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2009, 22:56 »
Ah!  You are all so lovely.  I was dreading logging on in case you all said I should have waited a while before getting some more girls, but there you are full of support.  Today they have been very nervous and skittish, and I am desperate for them to get used to us just moving about around them without needing to be scared.  As soon as they are more settled I will try and get some pics for you - they are lovely and I really pray I do them proud.  ttfn.

shiatsusu

« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2009, 23:13 »
You will honey- you sound like a totally committed mummy to me and what chook could possibly ask for more?  ;)

Maybelle

• www.pecostudios.com
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2009, 11:20 »
Hi all.  Thought I'd give you an update on my new girls.  A weekend of not much housework or chores, but lots of hen watching and worrying over every little strange movement or sound.  All three seem to have settled in well and have been spoilt rotten.  We were also really amazed to be presented with an egg from Millie on Sat, which she proudly announced to everyone very loudly.  I wrapped this up in pink tissue and gave it to my mum for her birthday that day.  I will finish posting on this one now, as hopefully we have moved on, though I will no doubt be looking for advice again and I'll certainly carry on reading all the forum posts.  Thanks once again for all the advice, support and encouragement.  As promised, here's a photo of our girls.  Please meet Mabel Moo, Maggie and Millie.   smile
NewGirls 150309.JPG

shiatsusu

« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2009, 13:11 »
Ahh!Lovely girls  ;)

Vember

« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2009, 13:31 »
They are Beauties Maybelle :D

Looking forward to seeing more pics on Chicken Chat & hearing about their exploits :lol:

Sarah :D

poultrygeist

« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2009, 13:35 »
That's how it should be Maybelle. :)

Well done for being strong and going for the happy ending.

Rob 8)

xx
Very Poorly Chicken

Started by bogwoppitinatree on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post May 28, 2011, 12:11
by avalonbirds
exclamation
Help - poorly chicken

Started by SocksOn on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post May 07, 2012, 15:58
by compostqueen
xx
poorly chicken

Started by scarlet on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post February 02, 2007, 20:19
by scarlet
xx
Poorly Chicken

Started by miss_t on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post June 30, 2010, 22:34
by pigeonpie

Page created in 0.267 seconds with 38 queries.