Phew what a day

• 9 Replies

lightyears

Phew what a day
« on: January 18, 2009, 17:21 »
First day of sun in months it seems in norwich, took the opuntunity to dig over three beds,one for earlys,one for second earlys, and the main crop bed, followed by horse mucking it and a good dose of chicken pellets. Man im knackerd. Anyone else been busy this weekend?

Nogger

• Experienced Member
Phew what a day
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 17:29 »
ye its been rather cold aswell,i am just in the proccess of coupling 2  8x6 greenhouses together length ways giving me an 16'x8' house,its all fixed together now and i have just started re fitting the glass, but my finger were so cold i only got one half of the roof done   :)

mumsy

Phew what a day
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 17:30 »
Yep, sort of....yesterday, cleared up the greenhouse, sorted the pots, cleaned the parafin heater & made sure it was working ok, bought the seed spuds, took the dogs for a walk, went to the supermarket, cleaned the chooks out.....................today, cleaned the kitchen, did the ironing, hoovered, took the dogs for a long walk in the forest, fell asleep for an hour as the snooker is on!! OH now cooking the roast ( the snooker is still on!!) :wink:

Kagganz

Phew what a day
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 17:40 »
Flippin' 'eck mumsy, how busy are you!!

(:oops:  blushes at her own lazyness xx)

mumsy

Phew what a day
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 17:47 »
To be honest I haven't done as much as I normally would, I can't stand sitting watching tv, the OH has done that all weekend, it drives me mad :twisted:  I have pulled a muscle in my arm which is restricting me from doing alot more, did I mention the washing :wink:  :D   Would have liked to have done a bit of digging & got the car washed, hey ho, always tomorrow after work!! :wink:

Jen

• Experienced Member
Phew what a day
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 17:50 »
had a very pleasant morning in the sun sorting the
potatoes, they've stored really well..threw away no more
than a doz. but they have been tucked up nice and cosy
in the garage. Sorted pots and trays out, went to GC
for seed compost, a spot of lunch then a good game of
rugby on TV, what I call a brill Sunday.   8)

jen

Nogger

• Experienced Member
Phew what a day
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 17:52 »
Quote from: "mumsy"
To be honest I haven't done as much as I normally would, I can't stand sitting watching tv, the OH has done that all weekend, it drives me mad :twisted:  I have pulled a muscle in my arm which is restricting me from doing alot more, did I mention the washing :wink:  :D   Would have liked to have done a bit of digging & got the car washed, hey ho, always tomorrow after work!! :wink:

i hope you don't mind me asking,but from the imformation you have just gave out,your not the Royal Family by any chance ??  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: the Tv programme

Farmer Fred

Phew what a day
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 19:08 »
got my seed spuds, the plot is starting to dry a bit, it was like a swamp following really bad flooding before Christmas, so i'm hoping to get digging at as i have 5 days in a row off from Thursday, so hopefully will have half the plot ready by the end of the month, and sort the other half out through february
trying to be organic

Babstreefern

Phew what a day
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2009, 19:42 »
I swapped my plot just before Christmas.  I'd just finished digging it over and thought, yesss, I can now get in front of the fire and keep warm and not bother about the allotment until early in the year.  Big mistake - my hubby decided to swap it for another one that looked really good.  I have not stopped this winter.  I've dug over three of the areas ready for my spuds.  The people who had it before us had a lawn with roses in the middle - thankful for small mercies.  Its took me 3 weekends of digging it all up (the weeks are taken up with a job).  I've dug up through hard frosts (digging through perma frost is not my idea of good exercise), its snowed and rained (although this weekend, we've had the sun out).  My hubby in the meantime has been fully repairing the shed as it was just about ready to collapse around our ears.  I've just started off my onions, leeks, and sweetpeas.  Taking the cat to the vet with his eat (full of stitches).  I've also helped the people on the next allotment to ours who had 10 ton of horse s***t delivered.  I couldn't stand by and watch them struggle (out plots are at the rear and cannot get things delivered close to us, so we have to manually shift it), so we spent two days barrowing it to their plot, and also to ours.  It was very kind of them to give us a few ton.  In between, I've done the meals, done the washing and looking for a good place to go on our hols (if we have the time).  Oh, and I had the flu in the middle of all this.  But at the end of all this, I wouldn't swap my plot for all the tea in China 8)
Babs

Nogger

• Experienced Member
Phew what a day
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2009, 20:09 »
Quote from: "Babstreefern"
I swapped my plot just before Christmas.  I'd just finished digging it over and thought, yesss, I can now get in front of the fire and keep warm and not bother about the allotment until early in the year.  Big mistake - my hubby decided to swap it for another one that looked really good.  I have not stopped this winter.  I've dug over three of the areas ready for my spuds.  The people who had it before us had a lawn with roses in the middle - thankful for small mercies.  Its took me 3 weekends of digging it all up (the weeks are taken up with a job).  I've dug up through hard frosts (digging through perma frost is not my idea of good exercise), its snowed and rained (although this weekend, we've had the sun out).  My hubby in the meantime has been fully repairing the shed as it was just about ready to collapse around our ears.  I've just started off my onions, leeks, and sweetpeas.  Taking the cat to the vet with his eat (full of stitches).  I've also helped the people on the next allotment to ours who had 10 ton of horse s***t delivered.  I couldn't stand by and watch them struggle (out plots are at the rear and cannot get things delivered close to us, so we have to manually shift it), so we spent two days barrowing it to their plot, and also to ours.  It was very kind of them to give us a few ton.  In between, I've done the meals, done the washing and looking for a good place to go on our hols (if we have the time).  Oh, and I had the flu in the middle of all this.  But at the end of all this, I wouldn't swap my plot for all the tea in China 8)

we get quite big loads of horse s---t and i find it that little bit easier shifting it with a snow shovel  :wink:

xx
Phew

Started by dougsta on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post April 29, 2009, 20:16
by Elcie
xx
phew what a scorcher!

Started by noshed on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post May 24, 2007, 13:52
by slow_worm
xx
Onions phew

Started by sclarke624 on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post August 05, 2009, 21:01
by sclarke624
xx
Phew, it's warm out

Started by Trillium on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post March 16, 2010, 21:21
by Elcie

Page created in 0.815 seconds with 37 queries.