liquid in chickens eye

• 4 Replies

dave08

liquid in chickens eye
« on: November 23, 2008, 15:34 »
one of my chickens has got this white liquid with air bubbles in it on it's eye just the one tho ! can any1 tell me what it could be . None of the others have it ! is it normal they do this or not?

karlooben

liquid in chickens eye
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 16:03 »
sounds like shes got a cold  bug mine have had  it , i took 2 to the vet who  gave me braytil they all got beter very quick but now i have another one  with the cold again and her nostrils are all bunged up . there is other antiboitics u can get from the vet but a more experienced person will be along very soon .
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

3frenchhens

liquid in chickens eye
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 17:29 »
Look on a website called happy chicks.  They sell something called Colloidal Silver and also Citracidel.  I have used both of these and they work wonders.  I also give my girls small pieces of cucumber soaked overnight in garlic granules, once a week.  This seems to keep them all free from snuffles.

karlooben

liquid in chickens eye
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 17:41 »
lol you remind me  of the garlic granules and guess what i went to my horse feed merchants today and forgot them  :(

Foxy

liquid in chickens eye
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 18:11 »
Hi dave08 and a big welcome to the mad house!
If there is no unpleasant odour and the eye is presenting with a light frothy/ bubbly texture it may be something called "mycoplasma" which is an upper respiratory tract infection common to chickens. It would be a good idea to get this checked by a vet and they will probably prescribe an antibiotic called "Baytril" or "Tylan". Vey important to complete the course as mycoplasma can lead to secondary infections.
In the meantime garlic crushed in their water and adding apple cider vinegar regulary will act as a boost to their immune system as well as keeping mucus down.
Keep to a strict diet of pellets with mixed corn pm and avoid treats particualry bread until they are completely better. Hope this helps! :D

xx
liquid calcium

Started by CattinJ on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post October 14, 2009, 08:45
by beulah59
xx
Just clear liquid Watery poo.

Started by Roughlee Handled on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post June 29, 2009, 14:09
by Caralou
xx
egg bound / liquid parafin

Started by karlooben on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post October 19, 2009, 18:36
by karlooben
xx
Liquid type wormer?

Started by Goldfinger on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post April 04, 2012, 19:14
by Goldfinger

Page created in 0.507 seconds with 36 queries.