Poultry Couriers

• 13 Replies

monarch

Poultry Couriers
« on: November 19, 2008, 08:16 »
Do'es anyone know of a courier for poultry who is reasonably priced?? :?:  :shock:
If you can't catch it grow it!!

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Poultry Couriers
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 13:01 »
dead or alive?  the poultry, not the courier!!! lol  There aren't many, if any live poultry transporters around anymore due to all the legislation and paperwork and costs involved.  I've had this trouble for ages now. Most big companies use their own transport.

But with dead ones, have a look at netdispatch.co.uk I think it is, they are a big network and our local company is APC in Boston.

monarch

Poultry Couriers
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 14:33 »
I am looking for couriers of live poultry.....and still live when i recieve them ?!?!??!? :?  :roll:  :?

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Poultry Couriers
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 16:20 »
Like I said, I don't think anyone does it anymore, too much hassle.  Whereabouts are you?  Not that it'll help, but most people try to buy poultry within a certain area so they can go get them or get a friend to pick them up.  I know Anna and Munty went from Scotland to Yorkshire to collect their geese and turkeys a few months back.

monarch

Poultry Couriers
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 18:07 »
I am in Northumberland

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Poultry Couriers
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 18:38 »
From where to where ?

monarch

Poultry Couriers
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 20:01 »
Well i was wondering if anyone did national???  maybe I will just buy hatching eggs???

Vember

Poultry Couriers
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 20:05 »
Hi Monarch

Have you had a look here to see if there is any breeders in your area?

LINK

Or there's the back of poultry magazines like practical poultry they have breeders listed to areas :D

Sarah :)

mother hen

• Experienced Member
Poultry Couriers
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 18:00 »
Hi monarch, I live in Halifax and travel to Northumberland every couple of weeks, I would have room for 1/2 doz chucks maybe if thats anygood.  maybe you could collect them from me enroute to my destination.  How many are you after and what kind?  I know a chap in Otley who keeps nice chucks and I could possibly pick you some up en-route.  Could throw you a nice young wyandotte cockerill in for free!
janet

monarch

Poultry Couriers
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 20:48 »
Hi thanks that would be good....What I am looking for are 6 hens and one cockerel of different pure breeds, Rhode island reds, Copper Marans,, Orpingtons, Plymouth Rocks,Wellsummers,Light Sussex  and yes Wyndotes among others I am hoping to build up my own stock within 3 years.If you find out prices let me know, I've deleted your email addy as it's open too all on here including non members :shock:  best to pm :D Sarah :)

mother hen

• Experienced Member
Poultry Couriers
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 00:21 »
I'll ring the otley chap and find out what he has got and prices - will PM you over weekend

Paddywack

• Experienced Member
Poultry Couriers
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2008, 09:41 »
I have been reading this thread on this cold sleeting and snowing Sunday morning, and it give me a warm feeling to know we have such good chuck loving people on this forum.

It seems monarch cant get good chucks in his/her area, a bit of a problem, after a few lines of text, mother hen helps monarch sort the problem out.

These people have probably never met the one thing in common is their love of chucks,

there is still hope for some of the human race  

What a great crowd
 :D

mother hen

• Experienced Member
Poultry Couriers
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2008, 08:50 »
Sorry been a bit slow this weekend with a stinking cold.

Dont know if I dare put this in print but I rang chap I know this morning and he has 25 - 26 week old welsummers at £11 each which I believe is really cheap! ( I have three of his welsummers that are younger, swapped them for a cream legbarr cockerill that he wanted to breed from -  that was best bargin I ever had! ) , he also has Welsummer cross Maran which he says are like a black rock the cross should improve the number of eggs produced.  Im not so sure on numbers but think welsummers about 170 a year.  He also has some light sussex but they are younger and he is not sure of sex yet.  I think hes a really nice chap to care what you get!

I travel up A1 as far as bamburgh / belford, where abouts in Northumberland are you? and do these hens sound any good, I am probably going to come up there sometime over the next week.

monarch

Poultry Couriers
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2008, 14:49 »
A big thankyou to Mother Hen and her husband who kindly brought 4 wellsummer pullets to northumberland for me......nice eggs soon!!!

xx
Poultry Spice, Poultry Zest, Garlic, Apple Vinegar, Verm-X, Liquid Tonic etcc

Started by OpiumEater on The Hen House

17 Replies
Last post June 20, 2011, 09:28
by Kenilworth
xx
The joy of poultry

Started by kizza on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post December 19, 2006, 11:42
by Huswyf
xx
Poultry ark

Started by Fluff on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post August 25, 2008, 20:04
by Andy J
smiley
poultry markets

Started by jarrode0 on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post August 04, 2009, 18:42
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.473 seconds with 36 queries.