Welcome to Plot 18

• 19 Replies

LucasAndRichard

Welcome to Plot 18
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2008, 18:06 »
Quote from: "lucywil"
isn't it a bit morbid waiting for someone to die? i'd be constantly looking over my shoulder!! and as the age of plot holders is going down you could end up with a very long wait

I know - I was lucky in that as hubby has a 1/2 plot on the site he realised that another plot was clearly not being worked, so then I put my name down for it, as no one already had.  But the council, in all their wisdom, only let you take them on in October/November, even if the previous person has told them they had quit!
So, I didn't have to wait for anyone to die.  Besides, a lot of the plots that are vacant are actually okay, just as time passess with people who want plots waiting to the immaculate ones, they'll get in more and more of a state.  The council cleared a load this spring but they weren't taken, and have started growing over again.  Shame really...as I said, come to South Bristol!!  No toilet on site though...
 :lol:  :lol:

Alfie

• Experienced Member
    • Chester Vintage Enthusiasts Club
Re: Welcome to Plot 18 - Update
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2009, 11:20 »
Thought I'd better post an update with pics, cause I know you all like piccies  :)

Progress has been slow due to other commitments, which means I can only get down there 1/2 day a week  >:( ,  but I think I'm doing ok so far  :D

Graham

Behind every successful man stands a surprised mother-in-law

coo!

Re: Welcome to Plot 18
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2009, 12:36 »
looking good  8)
Face your Fears .............
............Live your Dreams

Never eat yellow snow

little sweetpeas

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2009, 12:38 »
Quote from: lucywil
isn't it a bit morbid waiting for someone to die? i'd be constantly looking over my shoulder!! and as the age of plot holders is going down you could end up with a very long wait

I know - I was lucky in that as hubby has a 1/2 plot on the site he realised that another plot was clearly not being worked, so then I put my name down for it, as no one already had.  But the council, in all their wisdom, only let you take them on in October/November, even if the previous person has told them they had quit!
So, I didn't have to wait for anyone to die.  Besides, a lot of the plots that are vacant are actually okay, just as time passess with people who want plots waiting to the immaculate ones, they'll get in more and more of a state.  The council cleared a load this spring but they weren't taken, and have started growing over again.  Shame really...as I said, come to South Bristol!!  No toilet on site though...
 :lol:  :lol:

I where in south Bristol is the site as I to am in south bristol and we have people on our waiting list and I know another site with over 60 waiting so maybe we could point them towards your direction
Try my best to be Organic but don't always make it

paintedlady

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2009, 13:32 »
what an amazing transformation - well done  :D 

Failure is only a temporary change in direction to set you straight for your next success.
Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.

xx
my plot - new growers plot thanks to advice from you all

Started by pookey on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post July 22, 2007, 19:23
by brucesgirl
xx
My First Plot - Plot 21 is confirmed

Started by SCassin on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post September 12, 2013, 15:04
by Yorkie
xx
new Plot

Started by newkingsthorpe on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post August 27, 2010, 23:40
by Mash Mad
xx
Here it is - the new plot!!!!

Started by puravida on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post March 08, 2008, 16:08
by kezlou

Page created in 0.368 seconds with 28 queries.