bantams & chickens

• 3 Replies

skuzzle

bantams & chickens
« on: October 25, 2008, 16:29 »
hi there i would like to get 2 bantams but i'm not sure if it would be ok to put them with my 3 chickens? i have rhode island red gingernut ranger & a speckledy i'm worried that they might get trampled & picked on   :)

Vember

bantams & chickens
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 16:38 »
Hi Skuzzle
Welcome to the forums :D

I have had in the past bantams & large fowl all got on fine, if anything the bantams are more feisty  :lol:

Are the girls you have now in a run or free ranging?
It might be an idea to quarantine any newbies for a week to make sure they are healthy etc..
Then what I normally do is pop them in the coop together at night, they come out the next day have an odd scuffle over food then go their own way for the day.
This might be more tricky if they are in a run as they have less room to escape, then it might be better to keep the newbies in a run along side you original girls so they can get used to one another :)

Sorry for waffling

Sarah :D

skuzzle

bantams & chickens
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 17:21 »
hi vember
they are in a quite large pen while i'm at work as soon as i get home i let them out to roam round garden (you'd have too anyway cos as soon as speckledy hears you in kitchen she starts rosey & gets louder & louder until she sees you then she proceeds to tell you all about her day!!) i've still got a small ark with attached 4ft run  that i bought when i got the chooks  :)

Vember

bantams & chickens
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 17:28 »
Could you perhaps put the ark in the larger pen whilst your out, that way you'd know they'd be safe :?

:lol:  at the speckledy they soon get into a routine don't they :D

If you have a photo's of your girls pop into Chicken Chat & show us everyone loves seeing photos there :)

Sarah :)

xx
bantams and chickens

Started by sussexchook on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post May 20, 2012, 09:26
by ANHBUC
xx
Bantams and chickens

Started by Ellen Portess on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post April 30, 2007, 14:01
by Ellen Portess
xx
Chickens & bantams together?

Started by Mum2mj on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post July 23, 2013, 08:02
by frenchliving
xx
What makes bantams claws different from normal LF chickens?

Started by nuzuki on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post May 14, 2013, 22:27
by ANHBUC

Page created in 0.289 seconds with 30 queries.