eglu chicken house

• 5 Replies

tomtomgo44

eglu chicken house
« on: October 19, 2008, 23:38 »
heloo,

does anyone own a eglu chicken house and run?

if so are they value for money?

thanks

tom
one mans junk is another mans treasure

Knight Family

eglu chicken house
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 07:44 »
Hi tom,
  I dont but sure there maybe 1 or 2 in here. However I dont believe there value for money if you can make a coop. However for a bought Ark compared to eglu then there is only a little increase in cost, so that may make it better.
Graham = 2x Border collie Dogs, 2x Cats, 1x Wife, 2x Kids, 2x Hamsters and now 10x chickens.

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
eglu chicken house
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 09:04 »
Yes they are a few on here with Eglu's Aunty has one, she's a big fan.
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

allstars_princess

• Experienced Member
eglu chicken house
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 09:38 »
I have an Eglu and love it.  Yes, I could have made my own but I bought it as a present to myself and love the way it brightens up the garden.  We have had our hens (3 called Bridget, Holly and Kendra) for nearly 2 years and they seem to love it too.  It is easy to clean, assemble and collect from.  We have had no issues with foxes as OH regularly marks his territory!  

My only recommendation is that although on the omlet website they say you can move it about the garden in reality this is quite hard as unless you have loads of space (we have about 100ft x 50ft) the grass never really recovers from where they have scratched about in it during the day, even though we do let them roam freely it still turns into a mess beneath the cage.  Also on another note, chickens are incredibly rewarding but do not underestimate the work they need.  I have seen quite a few people of late buying them up and thinking they can just leave them to look after themselves but they do need to be fed and watered and let out regularly to have a good run about.  

Good luck with the house hunting.  Why aren't property prices slumping in the chicken world?  ;)

compostqueen

eglu chicken house
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 09:53 »
I bought mine for myself so had to be able to set it up easily on my own, which I did  :D

I love it, so do the hens.  I bought a roll of the run netting and move it about the garden so the hens  can move to pastures new regularly.  No red mite issues with the Eglu, which is brill. Mind you I do keep my eyes peeled just in case

I moved the Eglu and run about the garden, just drag it, but now it's permanently on bark chips and just the hens move about. I don't have to drag them though  :D

blulagoo

• Experienced Member
eglu chicken house
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 19:39 »
We have the cube - it is fantastic but as mentioned before does need two to move it around the garden.

Easy to clean and the hens love it - nice and waterproof and doesn't hide any nasties!

We do move it around every week to give the grass a rest - we have also built a run that butts up to it so that the birds have more space than offered by the (expensive) run extentions. Although when we are home they range in the garden (poop is a disadvantage as we have children!)

xx
example of chicken house

Started by dshand on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post March 31, 2008, 22:53
by mumsy
xx
Which chicken house?

Started by dub dub on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post June 07, 2014, 21:25
by grinling
xx
Chicken house

Started by speedy chicken on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post March 23, 2009, 19:32
by Vember
xx
new chicken house

Started by sprinter on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post January 25, 2008, 23:52
by GrannieAnnie

Page created in 0.306 seconds with 28 queries.