Introductions, cabin fever, golf, etc

• 32 Replies

ziggywigs

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2007, 14:54 »
Welcome David to the forum hope you enjoy your stay.  I'm just up the road from you at Invergordon.  

Tee hee see you got all the snow then!  We haven't had any boo hoo  :cry:

WG.

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2007, 15:09 »
Quote from: "ziggywigs"
I'm just up the road from you at Invergordon.  Tee hee see you got all the snow then!  We haven't had any boo hoo  :cry:

Ah, someone else who has to interpret gardening books liberally ... "plant out in April when danger of frost has passed" ... yeah, right!!!

If you'd like some snow, you can pop down and take as much as you like.  It rained all night and there must still be 6 inches of the stuff lying around.

ziggywigs

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2007, 15:13 »
Quote from: "whisky_golf"
Ah, someone else who has to interpret gardening books liberally ... "plant out in April when danger of frost has passed" ... yeah, right!!!

If you'd like some snow, you can pop down and take as much as you like.  It rained all night and there must still be 6 inches of the stuff lying around.

:lol:  I usually give it a month later than they recommend...my sis lives t'other end of the country in Bristol and it's about a months difference i've found.

It's also raining here today too.  No golf....that's a bummer. :cry:

WG.

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2007, 15:19 »
Now you're talking, Ziggy.  Where do you play your golf.  I am a member at Huntly but also at Royal Dornoch.  Come on down to Huntly in the summer and I'll sign you on as a guest.  Only catch is that you need to reciprocate at your club (hope its Tain!).  Any other golfers out there?

Regarding frosts, I get 'em all of May and sometimes first week of June too.

David

ziggywigs

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2007, 15:26 »
I play at Invergordon.....haven't played Huntly but played RD was great course to play.

Tains one of my favourite courses just love those bunkers and the Alps especially if in a mixed!

Anytime you want a game at Inverg let me know either me or OH will sign you on!  Alness is pretty challenging too....need oxygen for their 12th on the mens tees!

WG.

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2007, 15:35 »
Haven't played Alness or Invergordon so I'd be happy to take you up on your offer at the latter.  Huntly is a great course to have as a home course - parkland, not too long, but hard enough to play to handicap (17).  RDGC is a real gem and a real bargain if you can get membership - under £300 a year for the 13th best rated course in the world!!!

ziggywigs

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2007, 15:48 »
PM me when you want to play and i'll arrange.  I'm quite a high handicap (23) so OH may be better partner for you to play with (11) (be warned he's a bandit). He has week on and week off type job so great for golf.  Inverg is a parkland course and I find very forgiving.

Here's a link  to Invergordon Golf Club.  Alness is 5 miles away.

If you wanted to have a day of it with pals they have a 36 hole comp 18 holes Inverg and 18 holes at Alness....it's a great comp.

Is that a country membership you get for RD?  Seems very reasonable for RD. Do you get to play the championship course for that or just the Struie?  

Wondering about Birthday pressie for OH...was thinking of Tain but RD might be better.

Sorry to none golfers!  :wink:

Gurder

• Experienced Member
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2007, 15:54 »
Welcome whisky_golf hope you find out all you need to know on here and enjoy yourself too
Piscatorial junkie

WG.

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2007, 16:03 »
Quote from: "Gurder"
Welcome whisky_golf hope you find out all you need to know on here and enjoy yourself too
Thanks, Gurder

bridgeford

• http://www.tnr.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2007, 16:29 »
HELLO WHISKY GOLF, HOPE YOU ENJOY THE SITE LIKE I DO
MUNTJAC AN SHAUN ARE REALLY HELPFULL AND GIVE GR8 ADVICE I DONT THINK THEY SLEEP MYSELF COZ THERE ALLWAYS IN HERE LOL
ANYWAY WHATS YOUR HANDICAP 0 I SUSPECT BEING A SCOTT LOL
please let me have the good life
cant cope with this one

WG.

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2007, 16:31 »
Quote from: "bridgeford"
ANYWAY WHATS YOUR HANDICAP 0 I SUSPECT BEING A SCOTT LOL

Handicap is 17 and it is all needed, believe me.  Do you play golf?
David

bridgeford

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2007, 16:39 »
YEAH IT WAS A NICE FRIENDLY GAME WHEN I WAS OF 18 BUT NOW I PLAY OFF 5 AND SOMETIMES ITS MORE STRESSFULL THAN WORK LOL. I HAVE A FRIEND WHO LIVES IN AYRE AND PLAYS SOME OF THE BEST MUNICIPAL COURSES IVE SEEN 9 IN ALL FOR ABOUT £250.00 A YEAR. I PLAY A NINE HOLE PRIVATE FOR £600.00 AND IM SURE OUR HEAD GREENKEEPER TAKES TH P"!S DUG UP SOME TATTIES THE OTHER DAY ON THE SECOND TEE LOL

WG.

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2007, 17:04 »
YEAH IT WAS A NICE FRIENDLY GAME ... municipal courses
Send me a PM anytime you feel like golfing NE Scotland. Friendly it is, busy it isn't.  We have a B&B if you need it, send me a PM if you'd like a www link.   Some fantastic courses within an hour or so ... Cruden Bay, Royal Aberdeen, Boat of Garten, Nairn West, Royal Dornoch, Tain, Hopeman.

Most folks don't realise that all the links courses at St Andrews are municipal.  So is Carnoustie.  The Japanese were pretty p*ssed off when they bought the Old Course Hotel, St Andrews and discovered the golf course wasn't included!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

bridgeford

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2007, 17:10 »
thanks dave thats very kind of you. i`m playing the married game this august so we are all armed with clubs and of to ayr shortly for the stag do but honestly cant see if yjeres gonna be any golf played lol

WG.

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2007, 17:16 »
i`m playing the married game this august so we are all armed with clubs

You will find clubs to be very useful for married life ...

xx
CAULIS THE SIZE OF GOLF BALLS ???

Started by grosmont50 on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post September 18, 2011, 19:15
by Christine
xx
Introductions

Started by Comfry_Kid on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post July 27, 2006, 22:27
by milkman
xx
Spring fever?

Started by New shoot on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post April 08, 2012, 17:19
by New shoot

Page created in 0.96 seconds with 36 queries.