The scrotes are getting nearer

• 26 Replies

fletch

• Experienced Member
« on: September 07, 2008, 18:09 »
:evil:

My allotment neighbour has just been round to tell me that he went to his  plot and his produce has been robbed  :evil:

They have taken all his onions and stripped every one of his blueberry  and plum trees.

Apparently someone who lives near his plot saw them do it, a "normal" looking young couple, in broad daylight  :shock: . They assumed that they were family friends or relatives as they were so brazen.

I would try to be more vigilant but I'm away on holiday next week, I just hope I don't come back to an empty plot.

Why do these people do this? You work hard all year in all weathers and just when it gets to the point of harvesting your rewards some scumbag, toe-rag filth comes along and steals it. I hope it chokes them.

Rant over....................
First timer, NOT enjoying the backache anymore!

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 18:41 »
Can't you give the person who lives near your plot your phone number fletch.  You may be able to go and mention the error of their ways to them if they do it to you  :shock:

Beetroot queen

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 19:54 »
Thats awful but some people and I say some meaning a few dont care, anything that means they do little and recieve alot makes them very very happy.

I think its awful and at least people who are lucky enough to have plots at home can rest easy

Christine

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 19:57 »
It's depressing isn't it - there's a lot of theft from allotments being reported on all sorts of gardening boards.

The only problems on the local sites around me seem to have all settled down before I took over - there's a bit of history with parking and things but we've made great effort not to get in the way or irritate people.  To date no thefts though - hope that I've not put a hex on things now.

sharky

• Experienced Member
Re: The scrotes are getting nearer
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 20:23 »
Quote from: "fletch"
:evil:

My allotment neighbour has just been round to tell me that he went to his  plot and his produce has been robbed  :evil:

They have taken all his onions and stripped every one of his blueberry  and plum trees.

Apparently someone who lives near his plot saw them do it, a "normal" looking young couple, in broad daylight  :shock: .

Pikies?  You can have some fun with them. :twisted:

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 20:26 »
Quote from: "sharky"

Beware, some people on here find the term "pikies" offensive.
Cheese makes everything better.

sharky

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 20:35 »
Quote from: "Ice"
Quote from: "sharky"

Beware, some people on here find the term "pikies" offensive.

No remorse from me! If you are offended you should stop being soft.

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 20:36 »
I'm not one who finds it offensive I was just warning you that some people do.

sharky

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 20:39 »
Quote from: "Ice"
I'm not one who finds it offensive I was just warning you that some people do.

OK, thanks for the warning.  :roll:

fletch

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 21:14 »
Can't you give the person who lives near your plot your phone number fletch. You may be able to go and mention the error of their ways to them if they do it to you

Good idea Aunty, I'm more concerned that I'm away until the 16th and I'll come back to nothing!

I think its awful and at least people who are lucky enough to have plots at home can rest easy

If only, my plot is 10 yards from my back door..............

Noah'strolly

• Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 13:00 »
Didn't someone post on here last year that they caught their windowcleaner taking leeks from their back garden?

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 14:39 »
And Sharky, pleased don't be rude to people who have been members here a long time.  We try to keep a happy relaxed forum.

Ruby Red

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 17:05 »
Quote from: "Noah'strolly"
Didn't someone post on here last year that they caught their windowcleaner taking leeks from their back garden?

No you got it wrong. The window cleaner was taking a leek in her back  garden lol :wink:
Oh for those halcyon days of England long ago

fletch

• Experienced Member
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2008, 15:05 »
Just thought I'd bump this as the elderly lady behind my plot has had all her produce nicked  :evil: . Again, it was during the day/early evening. I was talking to her son yesterday and he said it has put her off as she is terrified of being up there on her own and someone (scrote) attacking her. They've covered up the plot with plastic and cardboard and are going to try and sell it (they are private plots) or rent it out.

The police have been informed of both incidents and have, naturally, done nothing.

We are all trying to keep our eyes open but apart from that I don't see what else we can do.

I have 5 apple trees laden with apples and visible from the road so I guess I'll be next......

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2008, 15:17 »
That's awful my heart goes out to her.  All that work for nothing.  That's theft of her property, her hobby and her peace of mind.   :evil:

Unfortunately I can only see it getting worse at the moment.

Page created in 0.329 seconds with 30 queries.