Buffs

• 11 Replies

Porffor

Buffs
« on: August 02, 2008, 20:49 »
Am off to get a couple of chooks tomorrow :) and wondered on your advice regarding buffs. The owner has said she isn't 100% sure, but that 2 of them are 'rounder' then the others, so she's thinking she has 2 hens left and the rest are 'possibly' cockerals. She kindly offered to let me have 4 but return them if they turn out to be cockerals.
I just wondered what your thoughts are in regards to this. She said the possible cocks are slimmer than the hens at the moment.

blulagoo

• Experienced Member
Buffs
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 21:02 »
I'd go for it Porffor - at least she will take them back if boys - what will you do exchange them for 2 more hens?

Porffor

Buffs
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 21:07 »
yes, I did say that I'd happily have more hens from her. I'm just worried about the cockerel status.. we live in a 'normal' street with fields to the bakc of us, but neighbours all around at the front and sides.. we're council tenants so can't afford complaints. :(

blulagoo

• Experienced Member
Buffs
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 21:26 »
But if you take them back as soon as they start singing I wouldn't think anyone would have time to complain.

Kate and her Ducks

Buffs
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 21:27 »
Good luck :D
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

WR1

• Experienced Member
Buffs
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 21:32 »
Hi porffor,

Was wondering were you are getting youre Buffs from as I am trying too get hold of some!! Plus I live down the road from you :D !

Catii
What came first the chicken or the egg ???

What do you put in the toaster ?

Porffor

Buffs
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 21:39 »
not telling you! lol

not 100% sure they are buffs, but they look very like Vembers.

I'm off up to near Aberyswyth tomorrow.. don't beat me to them please! lol I've been chook hunting for over a month now. can't seem to find any around me without them selling out before i get there. :(

WR1

• Experienced Member
Buffs
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 21:52 »
Oh ok i wont promise they are all yours lol.

Some advice try this if you are looking for orpingtons but im gtting some from there --> http://www.poultry.allotment-garden.org/poultrysuppliers/breeder.php?no=12

They sell all kinds of Orpingtons but they are mine lol but they've got loads

Catii

Vember

Buffs
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2008, 21:59 »
Hi Porffor

I've only had my females since March and they are so nice, friendly etc... As you've prob seen I also have 4 babies, the main purpose of these is to get a man Buff  :oops:  

So I can't really help regarding size of males/females as I'm still waiting to find out what these are :)
Think I'm the only person on here who's praying for a boy  :lol:

But I'd definatley go for Buffs they are lovely, a nice size for a cuddle so your children will love em too :)

Kate and her Ducks

Buffs
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2008, 22:02 »
Quote from: "Vember"
Think I'm the only person on here who's praying for a boy  :lol:

Sure thats not true, just read the Calender thread on the chatting on the plot page :lol:

Oh, you mean chickens.... :oops:

mumsy

Buffs
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2008, 00:28 »
You will know who is a boy well before they start to cock-a-doodle-do, so hopefully no complaints.....lets hope they are all girlies :lol:  :lol:

Porffor

Buffs
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2008, 08:45 »
Thanks guys - I'll have a look at that link to thanks - lovely to speak to locals too! well sort of locals.

IF they are buffs - you'll know by my pics later, then maybe your boy quest could be answered even if you don't have one in your chicks vember. :)

Will see what hubby thinks and maybe take a chance.. if I know before they regularly sing then at least it'll give me time to run them back. I just wouldn't want to be left with a 'deed' at the end of it all. :(

xx
My new Buffs and Welsummer

Started by slowef on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post August 25, 2007, 20:58
by Aunt Sally
xx
Buffs on the forage

Started by scara on The Hen House

20 Replies
Last post November 19, 2007, 17:43
by Chickenstreet
xx
Buffs at 9 weeks & other photo's

Started by Vember on The Hen House

47 Replies
Last post August 03, 2008, 22:58
by Big Jen

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 31 queries.